Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3131 - 3140 of 3708 | Page: 1 ...305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ...371

Forum » Thread

Re: Energy gels advantages
Reinhold, in a race situation, energy gels will be easier to take in while moving and easier to digest than more solid foods. The ingredients probably have hardly any fat so they are made for compe...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT Atempt Report
August 10, 7:42am

Re: JMT speed attempt report
Congrats Michael. That's an amazing trip report.

August 07, 6:42pm

@$#%^
As a general rule, it's always a bad sign when a post starts out with a threat to the moderators? Kidding Doug.

In Chaff » Ul & Mainstream
August 06, 3:40pm

Re: Re: JMT Atempt Report
Thanks for the awesome feedback Aaron. I'm sorry things didn't work out with the feet/shoes. In hindsight do you feel not enough was known about the wear of golite shoes to take them on thi...

August 06, 3:37pm

Re: Re: Pole Height
The lower pic looks angled away from the doorway based on the position of the bottom.

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape Taut Pitches
August 06, 3:32pm

Re: Point taken
Doug if you want to see Ryans book in a library, go buy one and donate it to the library.

August 06, 8:41am

; P
That musta been some tainted Acapulco Gold you smoked right before you posted, cuz you be trippin'.

August 05, 8:05pm

Re: Nutribiotics Travellers Friend
Wouldn't waste my money on it Jason.

In GEAR » Thermawrap warm enough?
August 05, 5:45am

; P SuperUltraGreen Backpacking
Not in this case of a jacket, for me personally. We all should make choices to go "greener", but must we do or buy everything that comes along? No. This one doesn't make my list. D...

In Philosophy & Technique » Green and Light?
August 03, 3:02pm

Re: West Coast Trail - Ultralight Tips?
I would definitely wear trail runners. Boots are forbidden on this website...lol

In Post-Trip Reports » West Coast Trail
August 03, 2:58pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm