Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me Here's the deal... I'm the best there is... plain and simple. I mean I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. Just a big hairy American winning machine.
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 3131 - 3140 of 4809 | Page: 1 ...305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ...481

Forum » Thread

Re: Suss
"=suspicious/suspect?" That'll work. Thanks.

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
December 10, 12:00pm

Re: Re: Best sleep socks?
+30 on the possumdown socks. Bought a pair of socks for my kids and I use their gloves for three season hiking. Great loft, light weight, and worthy investment. I personally go up a notch fr...

In GEAR » Best sleep socks?
December 10, 9:52am

Re: Re: Re: Going higher up this afternoon.
"Suss, a bit suss." Anyone here have a translator for this? Best I can google, Suss = realize/grasp/investigate. Is suss Oz for shenanigans? Katharina, Keep the picture...

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
December 10, 9:36am

Re: Re: Re: Re: 5 y/o backpacking gear suggestions
I think most of my ideas have been covered. Funny but when we bought our monkey pillow cases, my kids wanted the black one and I wanted the monkey one. Another idea is to find a cheap/used GP...

In Gear Swap » WTB christmas gifts for my 5yo
December 10, 7:40am

Re: Re: JetBoil Sol Ti (titanium) Cup Resizing Modification
I've seen the same thing pairing up the Soto ODR1 with the Olicamp XTS pot. There's a sweet spot for fuel economy. Too low and I end up burning more fuel to reach a boil.

In GEAR » JetBoil Sol Ti (titanium) Cup Resizing Modification
December 09, 7:32pm

Re: Winter is here.
Thread jack / making BPL my Facebook page alert! We just returned from my son's hockey tournament. Here's the temperature when we left the hotel and note, two of the four games were out...

In Chaff » Winter is here.
December 09, 11:18am

Re: Re: Re: Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
"Interesting idea of using packliner as a vapor barrier over the feet." I learned this trick early on in the Army using the issued wet weather bag. My feet were always cold in the win...

In GEAR » Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
December 09, 10:22am

Re: Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
Sticking to what you have listed: 30F quilt down jacket windshirt thin torso base layer thin leg base layer From in to out, Torso: I'd wear torso base layer, windshirt (to avoid c...

December 09, 9:43am

Re: Re: Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
"I had to do 2 nights of a less extreme version of that - 30 degree nights with a 40 degree quilt" Dude... if you slept in -30* in a 40* quilt, you have my vote as BAMF of the year! O...

December 09, 9:30am

Re: Backpack for a Small Woman
Yes both of our Ohms are 2.0. Weight transfer is perfect for both. The belt allows for some torso adjustment using velcro. This works just fine and we haven't had any problems with the velcr...

In GEAR » Backpack for a Small Woman
December 09, 7:05am

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm