Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me Loves me some hiking.
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 3131 - 3140 of 4857 | Page: 1 ...305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ...486

Forum » Thread

Re: Tritium
"Ian, you know that Tritium has a half life of 12.3 years, don't you?" Based on my experience with the USGI lensatic compass I'm fine with that and suspect that may be a conser...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 17, 12:10am

Re: Hats by our own Kat_P
We have three. My daughter loved that she was able to pick her own custom colors and it's still her favorite. I made an error and ordered the wrong style; my son snagged it from me and, you g...

In GEAR » Hats by our own Kat_P
December 16, 11:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: sieko
I'm between watches sadly enough. I had the titanium pathfinder (similar to what Rodger posted) but takes a special band which is now broken. Lesson learned. Being a special snowflake isn...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 16, 11:19pm

Re: Re: A list of HIGHLY entertaining movies
A few movies I can watch over and over again: Red Dawn (so disappointed I never had a chance to shoot an RPG at an invading commie) Outlaw Josey Wales (the gun flip shoots them dead scene!) Je...

In Chaff » A list of HIGHLY entertaining movies
December 16, 9:59pm

Re: ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
I haven't had this problem. I just have one large pack liner so I can roll it down a bit and don't rely on the velcro to keep it air/watertight.

In GEAR » ZPacks Cuben Dry Sacs - Air Leakage
December 16, 9:35pm

Re: Esbit and mug techniques
Hi Nathan and welcome to BPL. I have the same mug as part of the Lite Trail Solid Fuel Cook System: http://litetrail.com/shop/litetrail-titanium-solid-fuel-cook-system. If I'm hiking wi...

In Philosophy & Technique » Esbit and mug techniques
December 16, 9:12pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
My WFR / EMT certs have lapsed but I'll bring a small trauma kit w/ SAM splints, bandages, etc.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
December 16, 8:53pm

Re: Best DURABLE glove?
Dale, I know it was touched on in this thread but have you tried Mechanix (brand name) gloves? They should have them at your local auto parts store. I'm seeing more and more cops/shoo...

In GEAR » Best DURABLE glove?
December 16, 5:31pm

Re: Re
You may want to look at some maltodextrin drinks. I started using Hammer Nutrition Perpeteum last summer and found that it gave me an extra gear and that I could hike further and climb more elevat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bataan March New Mexico advice
December 15, 10:01pm

Re: Re: A list of pretentious movie drivel
There should be another thread of B movies and/or sleepers done right. Such as... Escape from NY C.H.U.D.S. Adventures of Bukaroo Bonzai across the Fourth Dimension The Big Lebowski

In Chaff » A list of pretentious movie drivel
December 15, 9:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm