BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 3131 - 3140 of 3333 | Page: 1 ...305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ...334

Forum » Thread

Filter and UV
Why not just filter with a Sawyer then hit it with a steripen for extra measure? 8oz for fresh tasting and safe water.

In GEAR » aquamira during pregnancy
March 16, 5:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the desert
Apples to oranges but when I was in Pakistan, temperatures hit 120* by 10am and the mercury was still rising. Unless there was a mission, the Pakistan military would hunker down during the middle ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 15, 8:54am

Re: SL2 Fly
Rodney, That's awesome that you were able to grab one! I'll try emailing Golite before I make my purchase to see if I can work something out with them (assuming no deals to be found on ...

In GEAR » Differences between Shangri La II Fly vs Shangri La II Tarp
March 15, 8:33am

Re: Re: Re: Hooray for helping to get it :)
All of the outdoor activities seem to attract two different crowds. When I go fishing or kayaking, I'll pass a drift boat and zone out watching the graceful casts then I'll pass an island ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 14, 6:13pm

Gun Talk! Sweet!
Old thread but what the hay! The Henry AR-7 also has a spotty track record but I'd still like to buy one. My son and I are planning on converting his Cricket to a pack rifle once we acquire a...

In GEAR » FNH Five Seven 1.6lb gun
March 14, 5:10pm

SHAKES FIST
Why do they taunt me with these deals when I'm broke?!? I'm canceling my family vacation to San Fran so I can buy more gear!

In Gear Deals » BD Alpine Carbon Cork Poles - $104
March 14, 4:14pm

Fasting in the wild
Josh, I think that it's wise that you limit this to the summer. My largest concern would be carbs in your scenario but it sounds like you've already been successful with this. I...

In Philosophy & Technique » caloric deficit
March 14, 12:24pm

Caloric Deficit
Not for fun. In SERE-C (NC in January) I went seven days with just a handful of wild onions, a bowl of rice, and two sardines. I was deprived of sleep for a few days so that plays into the follow...

In Philosophy & Technique » caloric deficit
March 14, 11:32am

Re: First try at a hiking wok
This looks like a great idea. I wonder how efficiently it would boil water in comparison to a regular pot. I'd like to have something like this for my fishing trips which could double as my p...

In GEAR » First try at a hiking wok
March 14, 11:14am

Stuff sack
I have a fairly light stuff sack which is oversized for my quilt. It protects my quilt but still allows for me to mold it around gear in the bottom of my ruck. I've tried the compression syst...

In GEAR » Stuff sacks for sleeping bags
March 14, 10:51am

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm