BPL Community Profile

Ian B. (IDBLOOM) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale PNW
About Me .
My Website URLhttp://nwtrailbum.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ian B.

Showing 3131 - 3140 of 3298 | Page: 1 ...305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 ...330

Forum » Thread

Re: Temperature ratings
"I'd say you should regard the temperature ratings on sleeping bags for women as highly optimistic. Mine is rated for minus 5 F, but the actual lower end of its comfort range for me is abo...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag input needed from the Ladies
March 08, 6:52am

Re: Sleeping bag v Quilt
"Have you asked her whether she prefers a quilt or a sleeping bag?" She hasn't used one yet but I'm in the process of myoging a USGI patrol bag into a synthetic quilt so I can ...

March 07, 10:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 10-15 deg lower
I understand the general concept but I'm not down with down as of this moment so no personal experience to speak of. I'm not sure if a woman's sleeping bag implies that they overstuff ...

March 07, 10:32pm

Re: Re: Re: 10-15 deg lower
Katabatic certainly appears to be the gold standard among quilts. Their attachment system is very intriguing to me and it seems to be one of the best solutions to reduce drafts and dead space in t...

March 07, 10:12pm

Re: +1 for zpacks and +1 for downmat
Hi Daniel, I'm actually looking at a Zpacks for myself as well so they are receiving serious consideration. Made in the USA, light, and is a hybrid quilt/bag; it's hard to beat that com...

March 07, 10:02pm

Re: 10-15 deg lower
"And can I ask why are you so committed to a bag for her? Quilts are pretty sweet, and so much lighter and smaller for the warmth...." She's definitely her Daddy's daughter and...

March 07, 9:55pm

Custom work
Thanks that's certainly worth checking out as well. I'll send him an email and see if he can add a draft tube also.

March 07, 9:14pm

Sleeping bag input needed from the Ladies
Greetings, My 12 y/o daughter has indicated that she would like to hike the Wonderland Trail with me this summer. To say that I'm overjoyed is the understatement of the century. She is ...

March 07, 9:04pm

Thanks!
I need to buy a couple for the family and this sale price reduces the sting.

In Gear Deals » Marmot Precip half off at REI outlet with lots of sizes
March 07, 9:44am

Re: Re: Re: Copy Cats vs. Fat Cats
You are not incorrect. Many of the counterfeit goods are produced by ordinary people who work at the same plant which incidentally produces the legitimate version as well. The problem is that ...

In GEAR » Did I buy a counterfeit Patagonia Nano Puff?
March 06, 4:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Ian B.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I've made a few purchases from Lawson. His glow-wire and ti stakes are my personal favorites in their class. The price has always been fair, shipping has been free, and delivery timely. Yesterd...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 24, 10:34am

ULA Equipment
I ordered a ULA Ohm 2.0 with standard options ~ 4/2013. Chris was very quick to respond to my emails. I had originally ordered a CDT and he was quick to modify my order. Backpack arrived within a f...

June 13, 11:55am

zpacks Company
Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hect...

May 30, 11:31pm