Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3121 - 3130 of 3724 | Page: 1 ...304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: Carrying out your own waste
They should rename it GagBag.

In On the Web » Carrying out your own waste
September 05, 7:34am

Re: Re: Re: Also confused
Touche' mon frere (?sp). Just trying to rile you CLOers up. Don't pay me no attention. I'll be over at the backpacker.com forums if you need me. John

In GEAR » The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
September 04, 11:04am

Re: Also confused
99.9% of hikers don't know the clo values of their gear and don't care. Just bring clothing to stay warm and dry and you should make it through your trip.

In GEAR » The best clothing combinations for backpacking or hiking?
September 04, 7:06am

BD HiLight
2 pounds 10 ounces by BD website.

In GEAR » Black Diamond Lighthouse
September 02, 4:52am

Re: Re: creative solutions to debris in shoes?
It seems a waste to permanently attach a gaiter to a sock that may not last. I may try this... 1. take old sock and cut off 5-6" portion that goes over lower leg; or use stretchy fabric. 2...

In GEAR » creative solutions to debris in shoes?
August 30, 2:15pm

Re: Poncho tarps
Dale, your hut 1 weighs 20 oz? Is that with stakes? Mine weighs 17 oz without stakes, bought in 2005.

In GEAR » Poncho Tarps List
August 29, 7:24am

Re: sourcing water for chemical treatment
A ziplock bag will work too for shallow areas.

In GEAR » sourcing water for chemical treatment
August 28, 12:41pm

Re: Sleep Apnea
Julio, speak with your physician about what he might recommend.

In Philosophy & Technique » Any backpackers with Sleep Apnea?
August 28, 8:00am

Re: Practical Backpacking
His name is Bernie something. He sits at his computer all day long changing peoples posts, because he is strict about how pretty your post is. His screenname is reality so you could send him a pm.

In GEAR » Practical Backpacking
August 27, 7:37am

Re: triclosan
William, triclosan has been an ingredient in colgate total toothpaste for years and years.

In Multiple Use Gear » Toothpaste as anti-bacterial? Antibacterial properties of toothpaste..
August 26, 7:45pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm