BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3121 - 3130 of 3854 | Page: 1 ...304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ...386

Forum » Thread

Jacket
Thermawrap jacket? ... A lot warmer ... Lol a MB alp lighy would be even warmer A montane antifreeze should even warmer

In GEAR » Choosing a down jacket - it's that time of year!
November 21, 6:33pm

If you can wait
For the EB sale you know is gonna happen my med mb ex light is around the same size as my eb med downlight more or less

November 21, 6:24pm

90/10
You can get a 90/10 down jacket at superstore for $50 can ... Tells you how yupparized all this outdoor clothing is

In GEAR » Bear Grylls catalolg!
November 21, 6:16pm

Route
Water and food depends on the route ... I would venture to say that most BPLers dont go on routes where you need to carry much water food, water and fuel are variable weights that decrease as yo...

In GEAR » Including the weight of water
November 21, 6:13pm

Sizing
Id size it to fit over yr thermawrap ... Youll prob want the ability to combine both in cold temps just bring yr thermawrap in the store and the same layers as you would wear on the trail

November 21, 6:08pm

Nit needed
I never notice ann issue with downless flaps ... maybe if you only wear a tshirt under it or are in -40C weather it might be an issue

In GEAR » insulating zipper flap on my jacket
November 21, 5:50pm

down bag
note that for down there's no point going 650 fill or less ... the top synthetic bags are usually weight the same and provide you with a buffer in damp conditions ... the only advantage a lowe...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Affordable Used Backpacking Essentials
November 21, 1:52pm

drying
the question to ask is can you dry your shoes on a 2 week trip, they will get wet sooner or later most winter courses and such recommend shoes/boots with removable liners so you can dry the line...

In Winter Hiking » snow shoeing in trail runners?
November 21, 1:24pm

softshell
softshell non membrane ... stuff like double weave, schoelle dryskin/dynamic, etc ... membrane softshells dont breath as well so are for much colder temps

In GEAR » ADVICE NEEDED: summer mountaineering pants
November 21, 1:14pm

socks and gloves
socks and gloves are easy to dry ... just wring em out and stuff em under yr armpit while on the move or in camp ... theyll dry to the point of being lightly damp and WARM ... at least yr gloves wo...

In GEAR » Drying things in your sleeping bag?
November 21, 1:09pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm