Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/oh9pwel
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3111 - 3120 of 3907 | Page: 1 ...303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ...391

Forum » Thread

Re: Toilet Paper?
A bidet won't fit in my zpack.

In GEAR » Go! Towel
January 15, 12:29pm

Re: Go! Towel
The blue shop towels are cheap enough (~5 cents/towel) to be used as a towel AND toilet paper (Gotta Go! towels?). Let's see you do that with those. ; )

In GEAR » Go! Towel
January 15, 11:40am

Re: Fruit Cake
I've met a few of those in my time ; )

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Who has the fruitcake this year?
January 14, 7:27am

Re: Micropur
The longer you wait after adding micropur, the less likely the chlorine taste. You might taste it at 30 minutes, but probably not at 1 hour and definitely not after that. Make sure you are adding o...

In GEAR » Katadyn Micropur Users
January 14, 7:23am

Re: Oops - Nevermind
The BPL reader reviews area should be different. On the review of this bag, two guys give it a 5 while asking questions in an area meant for an honest review. That sucks.

In GEAR » 2008 Golite Sleeping Bags
January 13, 3:40pm

Re: Re: "I did not know how to stay warm when it was cold"
At first glance, the below statement sounds WAAAAAAYYY off. Mind sharing the source? Mark wrote, "At 0F, you 1/2 the average persons base metabolism is used warming air."

In Philosophy & Technique » "I did not know how to stay warm when it was cold"
January 13, 5:46am

Re: 14ers
Jeremy's trip sounds cool, the "Colorado 100".

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka looking for expedition ideas
January 11, 11:00am

Re: Anyone know of a hoodless sub-14 oz, 40 degree sleeping bag with full zipper?
There is no such thing.

In GEAR » Anyone know of a hoodless sub-14 oz, 40 degree sleeping bag with full zipper?
January 10, 6:15pm

Re: cotton kills!
Right Brittany. If you aren't stinkin' after a couple of days, you aren't doing something right ; ) While cotton might be okay on a hot day in the desert, the desert night can turn r...

In GEAR » Moisture absorption in textiles
January 09, 1:51pm

Re: silkweight capilene fine for desert
I would imagine capilene (probably merino wool too) has a pretty low UPF sun protection and when it's wet even worse sun protection. Post any info to the contrary. Buck Melanoma http://ww...

In GEAR » Baselayers in the desert
January 08, 9:14pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm