Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3101 - 3110 of 3724 | Page: 1 ...302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: What's the benefit of synthetic?
I disagree with the below statement. Please review human physiology of sweating. The princeton article online was wrong too and that is why the CDC (it was on their site too) made them take that pa...

In GEAR » What's the benefit of synthetic?
September 19, 11:35am

Re: Re: Skurka Podcast: Song Credits
Ryan said the song would be posted for free on this website during the summer, but I never saw it. I could be wrong.

In Editor's Roundtable » The Great Western Loop
September 17, 11:41am

Re: FS: 2007 adjustable Titanium Goat Ti trekking poles
Did they fall apart on one trip? Buyers need the feedback.

In Gear Swap » FS: Titanium Goat Ti trekking poles
September 16, 5:55am

Re: Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant... what do you use?
Get a clear jel, express what you need and wipe off into the bpl container. That's what I'd do with a significant other along. Apply it with your fingers or a cheapo plastic knife OR the ha...

In GEAR » Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant... what do you use?
September 15, 7:53pm

m
Don't "they" even make baby toothbrushes? I think I have seen them at Dollar General.

In GEAR » Full length super light toothbrush. Beat this weight?
September 12, 8:42pm

Re: Radio Waves Used to Burn Hydrogen in Salt Water
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070910/ap_on_sc/burning_seawater_1 Another version. That will be interesting to watch...

In Chaff » Radio Waves Used to Burn Hydrogen in Salt Water
September 12, 6:51pm

;alskertjwe;alrj
What are the measurements of said celebrity toothbrush? Standard length may not be standardized esp when it's a travel toothbrush huh?

In GEAR » Full length super light toothbrush. Beat this weight?
September 12, 11:56am

s;zlkrtjwae
I wanted to know the foot strategeries from the arctic1000, but they only showed up in the print magazine. Since I have a disdain for more paper in my house, I never prescribed to it.

In GEAR » Camp shoes?
September 12, 11:49am

;alwirjh;awleirh
good idea bill, a wide mouth plastic container to hold glasses along with anything else you can jam in there like battries or other fragiles.

In GEAR » A lightweight case for my glasses?
September 12, 11:42am

;awlrjw;qli4rtjqawo;
I thought that was a well known thing, the hunted bear regions/more human-fearing bears...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Black Bear outside the tent strategy question
September 12, 11:37am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm