Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3101 - 3110 of 4331 | Page: 1 ...302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 ...434

Forum » Thread

bag or clothing
jerry ... it depends on what yr looking for ... i use some thinner down and synth clothing and a synth bag, with a synth bag i can just hop right into the sack with a hawt nalgene and itll all b...

In GEAR » Down in the PNW
January 25, 2:29pm

clouds
to add to what dale said ... this was typical june weather last year at low (1000m) elevation ... usually youd see the inlet and other hills at this point ... this was just a day hike ... but i ...

January 24, 11:32pm

hmmmm
the question is how confident are you that you wont screw up? cotton works great as well ... just dont get it wet the difference between down and synth ... is that with synth you can usually ...

January 24, 5:38pm

nylon
alice ... doesnt sound like there are any obvious gaps ... for women remember to add about 5C to the rating so its likely that the WM is a comfortable bag for you for not much below freezing ...

In GEAR » Windproof sleeping bag?
January 24, 11:57am

conditions
alice ... if you could post up the temps, conditions and area youre using yr bag as well as yr entire sleep system .... we could help troubleshoot

January 24, 4:00am

what bob said
what bob said ... making sleeping bags more "windproof" could also make the less breathable ... which is a big no no a it increase the chances of condensation inside your down the a...

January 23, 11:10pm

don't change
you don't change it .... BPL has indicated a desire to go more "mainstream" ... witness its last few reviews going mainstream isnt a bad thing ... but it does reflect a very big fo...

In GEAR » "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the lightest of them all?"
January 23, 11:04pm

MEC
looks like MEC is going neoshell ... sweet !!! ... value base clothing and the made in canada westcomb ... neoshell shoes tooo .... http://explore.outdoorsica.com/blogs/my_first_gear_blog/...

In GEAR » Polartec Goes Waterproof
January 23, 11:01am

buy me some UL love
you can buy UL ... couldnt do that before now you can have yr UL coffee press, UL tent, UL full framed pack, UL warm down jacket, UL gas stove, UL kitchen set, UL sleeping bag, UL ultra comfy ma...

In GEAR » "Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the lightest of them all?"
January 23, 10:17am

plastic
i actually tried quite a few different plastics at home depot ... i found that they worked for loads that were well packed in the 20-30 lb range ... ie where you could get by with frameless, but th...

In Make Your Own Gear » frame sheet for Golite Pinnacle (or Jam)
January 23, 1:54am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm