BPL Community Profile

Hendrik Morkel (skullmonkey) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Finland
About Me Wilderness Guide, environmentalist, entrepreneur.
CityTampere
CountryFinland
My Website URLhttp://www.hikinginfinland.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hendrik Morkel

Showing 311 - 320 of 396 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

Re: combine it with a CCF pad for safety
I'll keep that in mind, E J. Might need to mis-use a yoga mat or something similar, as the thinnest CCF pad here is a one centimeter thick, and ordering a pad from GG is getting expensive with ...

In GEAR » Exped DownMat for Winter?
September 15, 11:11pm

Any moment now =)
>>Enough speculation, I'm sure we'll start getting some actual feedback any moment now.<< I sure hope so. Telling that you got the tent and aren't testing it or putting p...

In GEAR » New Tarptent ;this is the Moment !!!
September 15, 11:07pm

Thanks!
Thanks for all the positive comments, guys. I think I'll get a Short 7 (or maybe even a 9 Medium - decisions, decisions) and see how it goes, will report back here in time then.

September 14, 1:18am

Exped DownMat for Winter?
My NeoAir is fine for the summer, but now in autumn, as temperatures are dropping towards 0°C, the NeoAir is failing to keep me warm from underneath. I've been looking at the Exped Down Mat 7 ...

September 11, 12:42am

Re: omm
I'm not sure, don't have an OMM, but this is what it says on their website: "For lighter loads or to suit a particular activity, the Mountain Mover packs can be stripped down, redu...

In GEAR » Packs with suspension/stays under 2lbs
September 10, 11:42am

Re: DriDucks
Some people prefer to buy gear that they can wear for many years, because it is also a question of producing less waste. If you are fine with going through one DriDucks suit a year and then throw i...

In GEAR » Rain Outfit
September 10, 11:36am

eVent
I think the DriDucks are the lightest you can go. Its not a very durable system though, afaik, but its also cheap so might suit your needs. I personally prefer to invest in more durable and slig...

In GEAR » Rain Outfit
September 10, 1:29am

OMM
The OMM Jirishanca 35RL MSC has a lean weight of 675 g; the OMM The Villain 45+10RL MSC has a lean weight of 710 g. Also the OMM Mountain Mover 55+15L has a lean weight of 610 g.

In GEAR » Packs with suspension/stays under 2lbs
September 09, 10:19am

Re: Help Deciding which Caldera Cone
If I hike with my girlfriend or a friend a 1,1l pot is enough, as we just use it to boil water, rice, noodles, couscous, etc. and we either eat both from the pot or one from the pot and one from a ...

In GEAR » Help Deciding which Caldera Cone
September 09, 6:17am

Nope
Hei Jason, I don't think its necessary to spray it. Actually I have never heard anyone spray his backpack with some DWR spray. Most likely your pack is waterproof to some extent, and if you wan...

In GEAR » Waterproofing a backpack
September 07, 4:52am

All Reader Reviews by Hendrik Morkel

Hendrik Morkel has posted no reviews.