Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 311 - 320 of 373 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Forum » Thread

hands
most of you probably know this already but just in case, a very good hand warming technique is swinging your arms vigorously so your hands go in a semi-circle. Up and down is better than left to ri...

In Philosophy & Technique » "I did not know how to stay warm when it was cold"
January 17, 7:14am

pct thru: lightweight, durable and frameless
I went frameless on the PCT and not particularly UL. Base weight was 10.6 lbs., max was 43 lbs. out of Kennedy Meadows with 12 days and lots of snow ahead. I used a Granite Gear Virga which became ...

In GEAR » PCT pack choice
January 15, 5:01pm

Purogene: Possible Aqua Mira Replacement?
> the 4x higher potency found in solids (such as Micropur) I don't know about the chemistry going on but this sounds so odd when the chemical is the same. Anyway... about the packaging...

In GEAR » Purogene: Possible Aqua Mira Replacement?
January 14, 6:47am

Purogene: Possible Aqua Mira Replacement?
> Chlorine dioxide -- the active ingredient -- is more potent in the solid Micropur than in liquid A.M. interesting. Do we know a reason for this? > Your best bet may be to try out all ...

In GEAR » Purogene: Possible Aqua Mira Replacement?
January 11, 6:40am

a comment on the guidebook maps
the guidebook maps look awful but they're much better than they look like. Once I got used to the spartan, black & white representation, I wouldn't think about it anymore and just read ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mapping software
December 28, 7:02am

cheapest silnylon
> where is the cheapest place to get si-nylon you mentioned? it used to be Noah Lamport http://www.noahlamport.com ordering may not be as straightforward as the most typical sites for m...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO tent for mountain bike overnighter
December 17, 4:01pm

Re: MYO tent for mountain bike overnighter
I've used a simple, flat tarp with beaks when bicycle touring. It's the same tarp I've used backpacking. I just used the bike as a vertical support, placed outside the tarp, just like I...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO tent for mountain bike overnighter
December 17, 7:04am

Re: Re: bivy.
> Night sky radiation typically takes about five thin layers of absorption and reradiating to be effectively nullified. Sleeping under a tree is the best way to reduce night sky radiation, a dou...

In GEAR » soggy bivy nights?
November 29, 6:53am

Re: Quilt users - headgear?
two relevant things about night-time headwear for quilt users: - try to re-use what you already have anyway. - be able to create a non-interrupted layer of insulation around head and neck, li...

In GEAR » Quilt users - headgear?
November 15, 6:35am

Re: Cuben products
> You have to seal the seams for strength, how do you seal the seams for cuben? you seal them just for strength or also waterproofness?

In GEAR » New Bozeman Mountain Works Oware Cuben Alphamini shelter!
October 19, 4:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am