Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 311 - 320 of 356 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Forum » Thread

Re: wind screen
I make a windscreen out of a pie pan. It's very easy to make, lightweight, reasonably durable and it encloses just the burner so no worries about canister overheating. You can see it here

In Make Your Own Gear » wind screen
September 13, 10:07am

Re: Route and UL in Europe
> I have been monitoring a couple of web sites about this. Any suggestions of good web sites would of course be welcome. The one I use is at www.barrabes.com. It's very good and meant for...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Gear for Long Distance Hiking: Four Months in Europe
April 19, 1:52pm

Route and UL in Europe
Would you share a summary of your route? Mid-may can be challenging in the high country yet but I guess you already know that. Don't know about the Alps this year but the Pyrenees got a lot of ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Gear for Long Distance Hiking: Four Months in Europe
April 19, 2:33am

Re: Re: SleepWear
> Is the weight dramatically different between silk and LW wool? between LW silk and LW wool, I'd say wool is around twice the weight. If this is an item you're carrying in your pack ...

In Philosophy & Technique » sleepwear
March 10, 9:12am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Goretex XCR Products
I had missed that one. Great article. It's actually the kind of info I always wanted to get a hold of. So now I have the info I think I have some more precise questions. Hope they're not...

In GEAR » Goretex XCR Products
February 26, 4:43am

Re: Re: Goretex XCR Products
> 2) Transmission Method: For Gore Tex to work, water has to first condense, and then can be moved through the material. This is why Gore Tex can often feel clammy. I prefer materials that will ...

In GEAR » Goretex XCR Products
February 24, 8:35am

Re: How does one become a thru-hiker?
Jordan, I can relate to how you feel. Just a couple of years back thru-hiking something like the PCT was just a dream, how could I find the time off, leave the family behind? Yet, I kind of knew I&...

In Philosophy & Technique » How does one become a thru-hiker?
December 22, 3:41am

Re: Trail Runners
> Basically just letting your feet get soaking wet. Given how much heat is lost out of the extremities that seems very unwise and dangerous. Not that much heat is lost through your extremitie...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trail Runners
December 12, 8:30am

Aqua Mira or MP1 dose
The directions for either Aqua Mira or the Micropur MP1 tablets talk about treating 1 liter of water. It seems obvious you just double the dose for 2 liters but it doesn't say so anywhere, anyone k...

In GEAR » Aqua Mira or MP1 dose
April 04, 2:50pm

Re: Ursack Aluminum liner. Titanium replacement needed.
There was some discussion on this on the pct-l mailing list last month. One member e-mailed the people at Ursack about a ti liner. Apparently, they can do it if you ask for it and the specs go like...

In GEAR » Ursack Aluminum liner. Titanium replacement needed.
March 29, 6:53am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am