Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 311 - 320 of 402 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

sides
The sides are 1/32 hdpe plastic. You can get it from mcmaster-carr or USA Plastics. The problem is shipping. one of the guys I hike with has a travelling job and picked it up at the factory. They w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bush-Worthy Pulk
December 21, 10:49am

Bush-Worthy Pulk
There seems to be some interest on this forum on pulk building (four pages of responses to a question posed about the "best" sled to use in construction) This is not a typical ultra...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bush-Worthy Pulk
December 21, 8:43am

consider a trade for a medium
I have a crescent 75 large torso, older model...been on 5 trips. mostly 3 day search and rescue base camp style.. set up camp and bear hang it, while using the detachable daypack. Dave

In Gear Swap » WTB
December 19, 7:04pm

wish it were a medium harness
I would buy it in a second. good luck. I tried a large on a recent hike and it was too big...ouch.

In Gear Swap » Non UL Osprey Argon 85L pack
December 19, 6:58pm

HMMM, THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION, enjoy
:)

In Make Your Own Gear » Making a Pulk and need to find right sled
December 18, 12:27pm

note of caution
The above mentioned sleds will work fine for open trails and road walking, but you will be in a world of hurt, if you decide to take them off trail or through some challenging bush walking. (as I l...

December 18, 7:18am

ultralight pulk ?
your choice of sled may turn out to be a snag monster, unless you are on the open trail. It is hard to tell from the picture, but it appears to have a huge downward facing lip. This will cause prob...

November 21, 6:07am

Grammy was right
The older I get, the more this becomes true. It seems that we find scientific studies and reasons why Grammy was right... eating your veggies, eat the skin of the fruit, wash your hands with soap a...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hand Sanitizers: My Journey Towards Discovering Best Practices for Wilderness Hygiene
September 01, 5:52am

waderrs?
I agree with David. There are only two reasons to bring waders - to stay dry or warm. I assume staying dry is not a major concern, unless there is no way to get dry after fishing. Staying wa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ultra-Light Fishing Waders
April 21, 5:45am

option 2 plus porch
Hi David, I am very interested in option 2. Although I now own the nest, if I go solo I would rather test option 2 as a weight saver. I did purchase a 5x8 sil-tarp on sale at prolite gear a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Floor/Net Suggestions for Shangri-La 3
April 20, 11:00am

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am