Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

carl becker (carlbecker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern Virginia
About Me 54 years old 6' at 200lbs and getting back to doing some overnight hiking.
CityFairfax
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3 season

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by carl becker

Showing 311 - 319 of 319 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Forum » Thread

REI Flash 30
I just went thought several packs to find one that works for me. I ended up with the Osprey Exos 34 large for over night hiking. I carry a Nikon D700 with a few lenses up to a 400mm f5.6 prime. ...

In GEAR » Daypack 28-32L
March 24, 6:25am

sold
sold

In Gear Swap » smd swift
February 14, 7:33pm

GG Miniposa
Used once, no problems, like new. Size L torso 20"-24" Hip Belt large 36"-42". Includes GG sitpad. $80 plus shipping to North America only.

In Gear Swap » GG Miniposa
February 02, 1:32pm

Pack fit
It was a long time ago that I carried a backpack. Recently I came upon the chance to do a trip with a overnight hike. I measured my torso 19" and started looking at packs. Soft frame, intern...

In GEAR » Newbie needs pack fitting advice
February 02, 9:08am

clothing
I am outdoors a lot. Some hiking some over night and a lot of dog walking in all conditions. I favor merino wool from Minus33 and Icebreaker under a shell and for long johns. I like wool socks f...

In Gear Lists » Clothing Advise/Guidance
January 13, 6:52am

sublite
I will be in Big Bend Texas so I picked the Sublite. Altough I have yet to use it I am very pleased with the quality. I decided to start using trekking poles (GG lighttrek) and will use them as t...

In GEAR » Taptent Moment vs Sublite Sil
January 11, 8:51am

First time to Big Bend
This will be my first time there. I know I have to carry all my water. I will be doing one overnight to the South Rim. One day hike up lost mine. The rest of the time I will be looking for good...

In Gear Lists » New to this forum gear list
January 11, 8:27am

New to this forum gear list
I have been reading this forum since Aug and have gained much knowledge to equip myself for a March 2010 trip to Big Bend Texas for a week. I now have a gear list which is 3-season and thank all o...

In Gear Lists » New to this forum gear list
December 31, 9:36am

smd swift
For sale 2009 model just purchased and tested to see if its the pack for me. $55 shipping included to the lower 48. Size is tall

In Gear Swap » smd swift
December 31, 7:53am

All Reader Reviews by carl becker

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov8 RocLite 315
I did lots of research to replace my 30 year old heavy leather boots. I tried many different boots at REI before I ordered these and have found my hiking shoe. I went one size up from my street shoes...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
January 16, 8:14pm

Osprey Exos 34 Exos 34
I recently looked at packs for some over night hiking. I tried the REI Flash 30, Montbell versalite 50, SMD Swift, GG Miniposa and Osprey exos 34. At 23 pounds the Osprey is by far the most comforta...

In Backpacks - External Frame
January 16, 8:03pm