Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 311 - 320 of 608 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ...61

Forum » Thread

"100% Merino and Merino Blend Sweaters at the GOODWILL"
Cost is usually UNDER $5.00 for one.

In Gear Deals » 100% Merino and Merino Blend Sweaters at the GOODWILL
September 22, 7:16am

Another Jacket to compare……….
If you are interested in a similar jacket for comparison, check out the Western Mountaineering Hooded Flash Jacket. RETAIL Price $280

In Editor's Roundtable » Down Jacket Shoot-out: GoLite Bitterroot vs. Rab Infinity
September 13, 6:31am

FS: Rab Infinity Down Jacket - Women's Dark Shark
SIZE US MEDIUM/UK12 Excellent price

In Gear Swap » FS: Rab Infinity Down Jacket - Women's Dark Shark, US M/UK12, $150.
September 12, 2:19pm

Nunatak Quilt Size
Could you provide the following info: Blankets Dimensions when OPEN (length & width)? Fill Power of Down Used? Fill Weight of the down used? Fits a person of what height range (5...

In Gear Swap » FS: Nunatak Quilts
September 10, 4:02pm

Images show grizzly bear just before it killed photographer
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/images-show-grizzly-bear-just-before-it-killed-photographer.html Officials have reviewed photos taken by a San Diego man of a grizzly bear in ...

In On the Web » Grizzly Kills Lone Hiker in Denali
August 27, 9:29am

Basic Dimensions and more
http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/backpack_lid.shtml

In Editor's Roundtable » Zpacks Multi-Pack Review
August 16, 7:14am

Banks Fry-Bake Pans
I have used for over 30 years on many of my adventures. Banks Fry-Bake Pans are a aluminum pan with an anodized hardcoat for easy cleaning and great durability.... First introduced in the NOLS Cur...

In GEAR » nonstick fry pan?
August 15, 8:56am

BOTTOM LINE
Check this out as this is the "bottom line"! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EW5IdwltaAc

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 14, 9:16am

Melatonin Supplements
The hormone melatonin helps control your natural sleep-wake cycle. Natural levels of melatonin in the blood are highest at night. Some research suggests that melatonin supplements might be helpful ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backcountry insomnia
August 10, 1:07pm

SAWYER FEEDBACK
Jerry....... Just came back from a ten day trip with four of my grand children ages 13 - 9 and the wife. We treated all our water with the Sawyer squeeze filter and the SteriPen with a 4 micron fin...

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
August 01, 9:39am

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm