Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

KEN LARSON (KENLARSON) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western Michigan
About Me Mounteering, climbing and backpacking and outdoor endeavors I have been engaged with since age eleven all over North America and Canada. Retired educator, researcher and outdoor facilitator. Currently dealing with Multiple Myeloma Cancer and still backpacking with the grandchildren on a "lighter note".
CityGrand Haven
StateMI
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by KEN LARSON

Showing 311 - 320 of 593 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ...60

Forum » Thread

GORP COOKIES
Jerry....Your cookie recipe is SUPER. Made a recipe to send to Grand Rapids Veterans Home as I do this monthly with a few friends of mine. I would bet they will be a big hit. Making a second recipe...

In Philosophy & Technique » GORP
June 27, 12:07pm

Ultralite Weight Sleeping Bag
Have you checked out ZPacks™ 40, 30, 20 and 10 Degree 900 Fill Power Down Sleeping Bags?? 30 Degrees (-1* C) - Medium Length, Regular Width - 14.4 ounces (408 grams) $325 http://www.zpacks...

In GEAR » Ultralite Weight Sleeping Bag
June 27, 6:53am

Wind Shirt/Jacket REVIEW
Have you looked at this review? http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/montbell_tachyon_anorak_dynamo_wind_pants.html

In GEAR » Wind Shirt/Jacket
June 27, 6:46am

Clif Bar Panforte
This recipe makes how many bars and what size?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Clif Bar Panforte Review
June 17, 1:19pm

Feathered Friends Vireo 16 oz., 900-fill down half bag*
"You can have the bag for $175, including shipping." Go For It: 1st in line>>>>>Sebastien Kronisch 2nd in line>>>>>>Luis Velasco 3rd>>>&g...

In Gear Swap » FS: *Feathered Friends Vireo 16 oz., 900-fill down half bag*
June 11, 4:11pm

QUESTIONS
Is the "better shell fabric you speak to being the Pertex Endurance UL compared to the NanoSphere? Size 62" or 68"? Color Tangerine rather than Orange? Used a handful of ti...

In Gear Swap » FS: *Feathered Friends Vireo 16 oz., 900-fill down half bag*
June 10, 1:24pm

COCOON COOLMAX MUMMY LINER
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=54594&skip_to_post=503368#503368 If interested email me at kenlarson40@chartermi.net Ch...

In GEAR » silk liner or fleece?!
June 05, 7:18am

***Sunscreen/Sunblock Evaluation***
The best sunscreen is a hat and a shirt. No chemicals for the skin to absorb, no questions about whether the product works, no bogus claims like “sunblock.” (No conventional product blocks out ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » sunscreen/sunblock questions
May 29, 6:18am

***FS MONT-BELL UL DOWN INNER JACKET >>>>SOLD***
SOLD

In Gear Swap » ***FS MONT-BELL UL DOWN INNER JACKET ***
May 27, 11:42am

***PRICE REDUCTION***
>>>>>> $100 shipped FREE in CONUS<<<<<< PayPal Personal (GIFT) Payment OR USPS Money Order For further information or communications through my email: kenl...

In Gear Swap » ***FS MONT-BELL UL DOWN INNER JACKET ***
May 27, 9:53am

All Reader Reviews by KEN LARSON

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

123Mountain OUTDOOR EQUIPMENT
>>>>>>>>BEWARE<<<<<<<< Read the BB Business Review BELOW before you decide to purchase ITEMS from this company. BB Business Review

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 22, 7:19am

SOTO PRODUCTS STOVES & POCKET TORCH
Would highly recommend ANY of SOTO's products as they RATE 5 in my estimation. I have purchased and have used many of SOTO's products (STOVES: iso & white gas and POCKET TORCHES: butan...

In Stoves - Canister
May 24, 10:57am

Sawyer In-Line Filter
SP-125 PURIFIER (NOW - SP-35 PURIFIER)

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 08, 2:15pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
I purchased one of the very first MSR Hyperflow filters from REI (April08) and experienced many of the filter issues that have been mentioned (reduced output, hard pumping, backflushing difficulties a...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 25, 10:24am

Alpkit CarbonLite
CarbonLite hiking/trekking pole review: • I have been using “h...

In Trekking Poles
June 30, 9:06am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I was interested in the level of warmth provided by an overmitt and wool liner combination and did some cold weather testing of hand gear for the last three days, since the temperatures in Michigan we...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 30, 1:57pm