BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 311 - 320 of 614 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ...62

Forum » Thread

Alcohol in a Platypus Soft Bottle
I've carried denatured alcohol in one for three years without an issue. I'm making the switch to Everclear as soon as I've used up my current stock of Ace-Brand Denatured. To make t...

In GEAR » Alcohol in Platypus Soft Bottle
March 19, 2:17pm

Keeping Tents/Tarps When Hammocking
I've kept my tents and tarps - I find that I need to supply a lot of my buddies with gear and that they don't all enjoy hammocks as much as I do. I live in Pennsylvania - no shortage of ...

In Hammocks » hammock in, tent out?
March 13, 7:13pm

Build a Hammock Stand
You sound like you saw your garage being built... Google "Hammock Stand Plans" and you'll find a couple of pretty easy plans that you can build without spending a lot of $$$. The ...

In Hammocks » hanging a hammock in the garage?
March 12, 9:46am

Look While Backpacking
@ Steve - I got the "Randall" joke...One of my favorite movies! At 6' and 270 pounds, "svelte" is not an adjective that's used to describe me, but I do like having a ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How you look when you go backpacking...
March 08, 1:21pm

Cooking Pasta
My girls like Mac & Cheese while backpacking but I don't like the mess. I boil about 24 ounces of water and add it to the pasta in a 1-quart freezer ziploc. I seal it and put it in a cooz...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cleaning cookware away from a water source?
March 08, 12:37pm

Dolly Sods - Soggy Dods
Steve, Thanks for the photo and the warning. It's the only trip we'll get this Spring...You've got me thinking that we might want to, depending on the weather immediately preceding ...

In Photo Gallery » Dollys Sods fall panoramic
March 07, 1:59pm

Hiking Dolly Sods
Steve, Thanks for posting that...I was actually about to email you for that information but posting it might help others. We're really looking forward to the hike and I especially appreci...

In Photo Gallery » Dollys Sods fall panoramic
March 06, 3:12pm

Lunar Duo
As mentioned above, the Lunar Duo is NOT freestanding - that is, it requires stakes or some sort of anchor to the surface to be set up properly. It's a great tent and very roomy even for two...

In GEAR » Advice for a light 2 person, 3 season tent.
March 05, 2:24pm

The New mUV
The mUV is back and can be purchased directly from Meridian Designs for $49. They've changed it - it no longer has the magnetic leads (which I, quite honestly, really liked). It now comes w...

In GEAR » Is there a SteriPEN-like device that uses a UV LED?
March 02, 12:15pm

Innov8 Shoes are narrow
I had a pair of Innov8 390 GTX boots that I really wanted to love! They were light and very comfortable when I wore them around the house, but my feet suffered on the three trips I took with them....

In GEAR » do Inov8 shoes tend to be on the narrow side?
February 28, 12:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am