BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 311 - 320 of 614 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ...62

Forum » Thread

Sawyer...
10 or 15 minutes?!? Something was wrong with their sawyer or they had the .02 micron (virus) version. Mine takes less than 2 minutes (I've timed it) to filter a liter.

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze vs Aquamira Drops. The argument.
April 09, 11:59am

UV
BTW, just to be technical UV light does not kill bacteria or protozoa (not sure about virus), it renders them "sterile", as om unable to reproduce. You still consume live "bugs"...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze vs Aquamira Drops. The argument.
April 09, 11:44am

Canisters can't explode from simple ignition...
BTW, a leaking canister that encounters an ignition source that ignites the leaking fuel CANNOT explode simply from the fuel igniting. The canister HAS to heat up an build enough pressure in the c...

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 08, 11:47am

Assumptions...
We ALL make them all the time. When you first meet someone you make all kinds of assumptions as to what they are like. We do this because we don't have much to go on. When the assumptions we...

In GEAR » Adventure Medical Kits
April 04, 5:34pm

Efficiency?!?
The Soto demonstration did nothing to demonstrate efficiency. As the canister cools you do not need to adjust the Soto, but you do need to adjust the non-regulated stove. That is the advantage of...

In GEAR » World's Lightest Canister Stove with Auto Ignition
March 30, 12:55pm

Predecessor to the trangia?
I wonder if it might be the predecessor to this.

In GEAR » Do you know this kettle?
March 28, 2:35pm

Replacement instead of refund...
Replacement is never a problem. Either replacement or refund should be considered making the customer whole.

In GEAR » Warranty expectations from high end gear companies
March 27, 1:00pm

Just to add my $1 (inflation and all...)
I don't think anyone should ever expect to get a new product when returning one. The most one should expect is their money refunded. More and more businesses are now refunding your money peri...

In GEAR » Warranty expectations from high end gear companies
March 27, 12:18pm

re:Why
Its hard to think of all the things that come up. When its more like camping much more comes up. The scissors I carry are part of a multitool that is carried on my belt. So it takes two hands to...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 4:50pm

Re: Re: Safety
Why? Because it is easier and faster for me. Opening a meal pouch, one quick swipe of the blade and its open. With scissors its cut, cut, cut, etc. Basically, most cutting requires one cut with ...

In GEAR » Why a knife instead of scissors?
March 22, 4:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm