Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 311 - 320 of 650 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ...65

Forum » Thread

UV Damage
I will have to test that. I'm putting the test sample outside now...

In GEAR » Rust-O-Leum NeverWet
July 18, 6:38pm

Bear spray works
I think the account of the event PROVES that bear spray works and guns do not. The first hiker claimed that the bear was undeterred, but the bear stopped its attack on him AFTER he used the bear s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » bear spray AND gun used in bear encounter
July 18, 6:09pm

Re: Re: Re: weights
"...with a huge backpack, but attached to either side of this huge backpacks were harnesses, and in each harness hung a 3-4 year old child." I actually considered taking one of those f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Survey of pack weights?
July 17, 6:51pm

Ear plugs
After I started using ear plugs at home I sleep the same on the trail. Noises and light are what wake me up. With ear plugs and inside a tent they are about the same on the trail or at home.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Does anyone find they sleep LESS in the woods?
July 17, 6:45pm

Pictures
Here are the white droplets: Here is the condensation:

July 17, 11:21am

condensation test...
Well, the test failed. I had a hard time getting any condensation to form on either the treated or untreated fabric. I finally got some by wrapping the fabric around a glass of ice, salt and wate...

July 16, 3:23pm

Nylon application test
I treated a 1 foot square of nylon. Prior to treating it weighed 4 grams and 5 grams after treating both sides. Apparently the material makes a difference. Makes sense, the nylon would "soa...

July 15, 12:27pm

None so far...
But, I haven't done much. I have the hat stuffed for the last week in a book bag. Used the hat on a kayak trip and then stuffed it back in the book bag. I'll take it back out this weeken...

July 12, 4:39pm

Only the boonie hat so far...
I haven't applied it to nylon, yet. That's next. The hat was stiffer after the application. There was NO wetting out after contact. Although, it is hard to rub the fabric when it ...

July 09, 3:18pm

Testing results - preliminary
I treated my boonie hat, both inside and out. It added about 6 grams to the hate. The coverage was about 2 square feet, so I would say about 3 grams per square foot. The product performed as a...

July 09, 1:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm