BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 311 - 320 of 582 | Page: 1 ...23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ...59

Forum » Thread

over 50
I find that I can hike easier now. I take a trip to the same place every year for 30 years so I have a good comparison. I did no training when younger, now I fast walk for 30 minutes 5 days a we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast to you hike?
August 30, 8:48am

Try here...
http://www.cubictechnology.com/CTF3%20PRODUCT%20INFO%20PACK%2007192010_4c.pdf

In GEAR » Cuben fiber failure? Any updates since 2008?
August 28, 2:21pm

Re: Not stoked on Hiker Pro
I would suggest the sawyer or similar product. No more pumping and it is very easy to backflush to clean. I filtered 20 gallons or so of sierra stream water (does have some silt, but otherwise cl...

In GEAR » Sweetwater Microfilter VS Katadyn Hiker?
August 21, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Two person quilt sizes
"which is 1.64 m wide - or 64.6". I don't add anything to the width even for a double quilt. That assumes that you are going to sleep snuggled up of course - what else? Remember - two...

In GEAR » Two person quilt sizes
August 20, 12:38pm

viruses
Both sawyer and first need make filters that filter viruses. Most of use will never need that level of filtration, but it is a available.

In GEAR » Water Treatment
August 17, 10:08am

Sawyer
I use the sawyer inline filter as a gravity filter. It takes about 1.5 minutes to filter a liter of water. It is small and light (not as light as tablets, but...). This is basically what I am ...

In GEAR » Water Treatment
August 16, 5:53pm

BAIAC
For cold weather (40 is the lowest I've been and my BAIAC was fine) the general suggestion is to supplement with a thin closed cell pad. 1/8 to 1/4 inch seems to be the norm. This adds insula...

In GEAR » How would you have done this differently (I was too cold)?
August 16, 3:16pm

Tent poles
Yes, that is what I meant. My bet is that two of those per pole would work. But, I certainly have never tried it. Here is a link to DIY tent pole parts: http://www.questoutfitters.com/tent_...

In GEAR » Can i make my diy poles by theese alloys?
August 02, 2:14pm

Re: Re: Can i make my diy poles by theese alloys?
BTW, they do make conectors that have are curved. You could use these to connect the pole sections to give the overall pole a "pre-bent" curve.

In GEAR » Can i make my diy poles by theese alloys?
August 02, 12:30pm

Lighter weight mask
For a lighter weight mask you could look into using the masks they use for CPAP machines. They only cover your nose so you have to train yourself to sleep with your mouth closed. I wouldn't t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Extreme but effective condensation prevention in a bivy or single wall shelter?
August 01, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm