Dan Durston (dandydan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Cascadia
About Me -
CityThunder Bay
StateON
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.motorscooterguide.net
My PDF Gear ListBMWO 2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dan Durston

Showing 3091 - 3100 of 3951 | Page: 1 ...301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ...396

Forum » Thread

Variation
It seems that the amount of down in an Ultra 20 varies somewhat from quilt to quilt, so it may help to know how much loft you have now. My Ultra 20 weighs 544g (19.21oz) and lofts up to 2.8" w...

In GEAR » How much down would you add to Ultra 20?
January 04, 7:57pm

WTB: Gossamer Gear LT4 Poles
Let me know if you've got some LT4 poles to sell. Small or regular is okay.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Gossamer Gear LT4 Poles
January 04, 10:33am

Re: rainpants worth carrying?
Is the extra 8 oz for rainpants worth carrrying? The weight is easier to justify if you go with rain pants that weigh half of this, like GoLite Reed pants. I take these if there is a reasonable ...

In GEAR » rainpants worth carrying?
January 03, 11:38pm

Poles
I think he's saying that the trekking poles are supporting your arms, so there is less weight on your feet when you are using them.

In GEAR » Trekking poles and gear weight?
January 03, 10:03am

10oz
10oz of down is an awful lot.

In Gear Swap » WTB Down jacket with hood
January 01, 5:42pm

UL Gear list
Very nice list. Here's a few comments.... 1) I find using a hair elastic easier and lighter than using a bag for my sleeping pad. The regular NeoAir is the perfect size to use with one hair ...

In Gear Lists » 2010 UL Gear List
December 30, 9:43pm

Crystalline
Marmot claims 6.0oz or 170g for their women's version (crystalline) which presumably is for a medium. My wife has this jkt in a size small and it weights 5.7oz or 162g, so I would say the claim...

In GEAR » Curious about Marmot Mica/Crystalline
December 30, 4:19pm

Gear List
How does your Jam2 weigh 9.6oz? These packs are 20-25oz from GoLite. Did you do some impressive chopping? You've got a pound between your gloves and mittens. This seems excessive. Since you&...

In Gear Lists » Winter Walking G-List
December 30, 12:28am

Re: Re: Pros and cons of this neoair setup please
"I'm a roller and found it to be ok when on my side (especially if you sleep in the fetal position) but painful on my back and stomach. It could be a height/leg length issue but the small ...

In GEAR » Pros and cons of this neoair setup please
December 30, 12:13am

Picks
My 2009 Picks: 1) BPL Thorofare Pants - At 3.95oz they are radically lighter than anything else I've hiked it, yet they are durable and comfortable. After putting in a stronger waist band el...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2009 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 30, 12:00am

All Reader Reviews by Dan Durston

Showing 1 - 10 of 25 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Cuben DuoMid
The DuoMid is the best shelter for solo hikers. Don't be misled by the "Duo" in its name - you could cram two hikers in here but it's poorly suited for that (ie. no vestibule space, ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
September 22, 1:56pm

Evernew 300ml Dbl Wall Mug (ECA354)
I like the idea of a robust, double wall titanium mug that may be a bit heavier...

In Cookware - Titanium
September 22, 11:01am

Montane Minimus DT Pant
These pants are a very niche product. They're light (4.25oz Med) but the Pertex Shield+ m...

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 10:31am

Spark-Lite Fire Starter (Survival Gear - BPL Gear Shop)
I have this kit and the FireLite Mini kit. This sparker is a bit lighter than the FireLite Mini but I don't trust this sparker 100% like I do the FireLite. This sparker doesn't work well wh...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:21pm

BPL FireLite Firestarter
I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire. With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
October 28, 11:19pm

Hyperlight Mtn Gear Echo I
I wasn't sure where to put this review as the Echo I can be used as either a tarp or a double wall tent. OVERVIEW I've given the Echo I five stars because it's quality construct...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
October 16, 4:15pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I've got the original Reed pants (4oz in a size medium) and they are prefect rain pants for UL hiking. They've been adequately durable, totally waterproof and light. I don't want ankle zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:27pm

Marmot Essence
I'll be the first one to give this jacket 5 stars. Marmot has made a number of changes to this jacket over the years so criticisms of the earlier models are no longer relevant. My Essence is t...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 15, 10:22pm

Baladeo 22 Grams Knife
This knife is a brilliant design. Every part of it is functional and the result is a lot of knife for just 22g (or 24.3g as mine as actually weighs). When I opened the (very nice) box and first played...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 6:10pm

Nite ize S-Biner
After using another small biner that failed due to a poor design, I switched the Nite Ize Size 1 biner for bear bagging this summer. I use one of these to clip to my 1.4mm spectra cord to my food sack...

In Miscellaneous Products
October 03, 5:56pm