BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3081 - 3090 of 3664 | Page: 1 ...300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ...367

Forum » Thread

Re: What career allows for time to hike? Help!
Yeah, I envy those 7 on 7 off pharmacists. Some medical technology jobs are that way too. Teachers get the whole summer off. I've heard of some jobs where the person has a deadline only for a t...

In Chaff » What career allows for time to hike? Help!
August 16, 11:12am

Re: Re: Trekking Poles - John
That makes some sense..forgive my misinterpretation..; )

In GEAR » What is everyone using for Trekking Poles?
August 16, 9:47am

Re: Tarptents in bad conditions
Any shelter with unsupported fabric in some areas will experience flapping, in the right conditions. Any shelter not fully enclosed to the ground will experience windblown rain coming in, in the ri...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tarptents in bad conditions
August 16, 9:39am

Re: Re: Trekking Poles
Doug types, "light poles make a much bigger difference than pack weight." Huh? I don't see how pole weight in hands compares much to weight carried on the back. I've never rea...

August 16, 7:13am

Re: What is everyone using for Trekking Poles?
Once you go black (black diamond trekking poles that is), you never go back...

August 15, 11:48am

Re: Ambien CR and High Altitude
Regular Ambien is said to not depress respiration at altitude..not sure about Ambien CR...probably doesn't either...ask yo doc.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ambien CR and High Altitude
August 10, 1:59pm

Re: Energy gels advantages
Reinhold, in a race situation, energy gels will be easier to take in while moving and easier to digest than more solid foods. The ingredients probably have hardly any fat so they are made for compe...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT Atempt Report
August 10, 7:42am

Re: JMT speed attempt report
Congrats Michael. That's an amazing trip report.

August 07, 6:42pm

@$#%^
As a general rule, it's always a bad sign when a post starts out with a threat to the moderators? Kidding Doug.

In Chaff » Ul & Mainstream
August 06, 3:40pm

Re: Re: JMT Atempt Report
Thanks for the awesome feedback Aaron. I'm sorry things didn't work out with the feet/shoes. In hindsight do you feel not enough was known about the wear of golite shoes to take them on thi...

August 06, 3:37pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm