November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3081 - 3090 of 4020 | Page: 1 ...300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ...402

Forum » Thread

Re: Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
The guy, Wolf-23000, has been boasting about his light weight for years on that site. First it was his sub 4 hiking and now he started his post about just over a pound JMT hike. He always brings up...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
April 08, 2:39am

Colorado River, Texas
A few lightweight paddling pics.

In Photo Gallery » Colorado River, Texas
April 06, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Backcountry Cookfires: Overview and Techniques for Cooking Over an Open Flame
There are more philosophical threads up in here than I can throw a stick at these days... Plato

In Editor's Roundtable » Backcountry Cookfires: Overview and Techniques for Cooking Over an Open Flame
April 02, 11:08am

Re: Baby name ideas?
Everest Basecamp Cadorin...what a beautiful sound that has?...maybe not?

In Chaff » Baby name ideas?
April 01, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Thermometers
The taylor models should turn off automatically so you cannot get accurate min/max unless you stay up all night to click it on every few minutes.

In GEAR » Thermometers
March 31, 6:11pm

Re: Help With My Gear List
It was over my head, so I was left speechless.

In Gear Lists » Help With My Gear List
March 30, 5:45pm

Re: MB Stretch Wind Jacket: H2O-resistance and breathability
I would like to use that Montbell top and bottom as a winter soft shell in place of cloudveil inertia fabric. Thoughts?

In GEAR » MB Stretch Wind Jacket: H2O-resistance and breathability
March 30, 10:13am

Mysterioso/Under Armor combo
Richard, I know this combo isn't a wetsuit, but it sure is skin tight. I have a marmot top and bottom made of polartec powerstretch very similar to mysterioso. Over that, I had an unused top an...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Lightweight Guide to Backpacking in Sustained, Cold Rain
March 30, 9:42am

Re: Hyperflow Bite Valve?
Pinch the valve for water flow, yes. There is good pressure for cleaning. I hold the valve in one hand and use it that way. You only use the water needed that way.

In GEAR » Shower attachment option?
March 29, 6:09pm

Re: Re: An idea for a waterproof, windproof
Huzefa, interesting idea of combining silnylon with propore to make a hybrid garment for breathability in less stressed areas and silnylon in high stress areas. Post pics when finished!!!

In Make Your Own Gear » An idea for a waterproof, windproof, breathable (better then eVent), durable jacket
March 29, 8:50am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm