Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3081 - 3090 of 4186 | Page: 1 ...300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ...419

Forum » Thread

driclime
driclime is more of a light softshell as it has micropile inside ... IMO more for cooler temps id have to be pretty cold before wearing something like a thermawrap while hiking

In GEAR » Windshirts?
January 02, 9:59am

questions
john a few quick questions - did the you have issues on both the clear and rainy nights - were you sweating inside the bag ... ie overly warm - did you make sure to breath outside the bag and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bivy condensation help
January 02, 7:54am

risk assessment
ron's comments bring up a good point IMO going lighter after a certain point (after getting all that fancy gear) become a matter of risk assessments ... same as anyone heading into dangerous...

In Philosophy & Technique » Big 3 vs. Big 4?
January 02, 7:28am

quilt
scott ... if you were comfortable in open air at -4C ... i bet you could hit -10C in a tent with both yr down jackets, sufficient pads and a VBL ... ya should try it on yr balcony when temps dro...

In Gear Lists » College student looking to go light
January 01, 10:03pm

limit
mark the danger there is that youre pushing the insulation to its limits ... - a drop in temps beyond the expected - poor nutrition or hydration - reduction of insulation from moisture - ...

In Winter Hiking » VBL allow you to lower bag rating so to speak
January 01, 9:51pm

quilt
scott ... women need to add 10F or more to the rating of a quilt/bag ... so it was likely a 50F+ quilt for her the evil master plan dictates that you innocently ask "would ya like to joi...

In Gear Lists » College student looking to go light
January 01, 4:01pm

tat
chop tattered rap tat ... shavings to start fire ... repairs to gear with leatherman ... never leave home without it ... you never know ... this might be u ...

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
January 01, 3:50pm

Aldrenaline
Ted .... Just bring yr aldrenaline and use the down bag inside yr synth one .... You dont need to zip up the inner bag if ita easier .... With your vbl and jacket ... I gurantee youll be fine W...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » ideas for cold weather camping
December 31, 8:42pm

Commonalities
Mike ... im noticing thats its the more unique items ... Nobody does an exl other than mb yet ... And the burn looks unique or the product is just that good ;)

In GEAR » Your Best Gear of 2010
December 31, 7:45pm

Guide
Mike ... You need to use em on rocks ... Hence the "rock" guide ;) i hear that patagucci test the durability by putting them on their sponsored climbers, lathering them in honey, an...

In GEAR » Pants for winter hiking, snowshoeing, XC skiing - under $100
December 31, 7:38pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm