November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3081 - 3090 of 4379 | Page: 1 ...300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ...438

Forum » Thread

arrest me again baby !!!
Hmm...well, you can't self-arrest with poles, either. I'd want an ice ax in that situation, not poles. skiers do it all the time (img is of some random person, not mine) ... axe is bette...

In Philosophy & Technique » How necessary are poles with snowshoes?
February 18, 1:08pm

youlll be fine ... dont think youll need 2 fleeces though ... just dont sweat ... youll start off a bit cold but warm up quickly ... if you feel yr getting warm on the move, unzip or take somt...

In GEAR » layers help/suggestions
February 18, 1:01pm

arrest me baby
if youre on a slope with a bad fall potential ... how will you self arrest without poles or an axe?

In Philosophy & Technique » How necessary are poles with snowshoes?
February 18, 3:09am

lobster yum yum
BD mercury mitts have a separate index finger in the liner, but not the shell ... it makes quite a bit of difference IMO ... when cold you can just put the index finger with the other fingers

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Chopper mittens
February 17, 7:43pm

i used to think that gear was important ... dont get me wrong the weight is important ... but an individual piece of gear is not going to make or break you 99% of the time whether you hike with ...

In GEAR » Is it worth it?
February 17, 12:09pm

tape foam or foam tape over the parts you hold on yr axe

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Chopper mittens
February 17, 11:51am

depends if youre going to wear it for active use constantly IMO a PL1 jacket without those breathable panels is likely better for most static use ... or the occasional wear over everything while...

In GEAR » Arc'teryx Atom LT Jacket
February 17, 11:09am

i wont say the Y word ...
you know climbing's hawt when ya see this ... im gonna wear my dead bird harness, dead mammoth (mammut) rope, and petzl ice axe to the nightclub this weekend "hey there baby if i trotsk...

In GEAR » i wont say the Y word ...
February 16, 1:58pm

depends what you want to do plenty of day scrambles, weekenders, alpine climbs, etc ... best place for info is

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking in Vancouver, BC in May?
February 15, 4:09pm

IMO definitely the humidity ... i could get away with temps in the rockies that i cant on the coast with my down clothing ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Through Hyperbole: A Walk in the Clouds
February 15, 4:04pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm