Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3081 - 3090 of 4365 | Page: 1 ...300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ...437

Forum » Thread

the fatality rate as a % of SAR incidents is very low in general ... even YOSAR during the 10 year 1990-1999 period had a fatality rate of < 5% ... and that includes all those dirtbag climbers g...

In GEAR » Where to carrying a plb and why?
February 12, 12:34am

viva la france
roger ... i believe most petzl climbing equipment is made in france, the also outsourced some to the US ... no factories in china that im aware of however companies in china do have experienc...

In GEAR » fake petzl gear warning
February 11, 6:40pm

scary scary scary
ben/bob these are especially serious and scary as petzl indicates .. These illegal copies look exactly like the Petzl originals. Their outward appearance has been expertly reproduced which ...

February 11, 2:40pm

fake petzl gear warning
normally id put this in the mountaineering section ... but since this is an item that can put safety at risk, ive posted it in general for better visibility ...

February 11, 2:20pm

id wait if you can for all the shiny new breathable fabrics ...

In GEAR » Integral Designs Event Jacket and Thruhiker Jacket
February 11, 12:41am

the helium hasnt replaced my windshirt ... part of the reason is because a widshirt is much cheaper and i can tear it up against the rock ... the other part is because it isnt as breathable i fi...

In GEAR » Stormproof Light Jacket
February 11, 12:39am

out there
hes out there doing something ... im sitting here on a computer after rock climbing indoors (well plastic climbing really since there was no rock involved) and watching hot chicks on nikita ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 11, 12:15am

cant run
"swiss mountaineering is very traditional ... you cant run in crampons ... thats just noooo" ... ueli steck next thing you know ueli is running up and down the eiger in crampons .... ...

In GEAR » crampons and microspikes
February 10, 6:50pm

someone needs to do a test on these hybrid shovels to make sure they can be used in avi conditions .. hard packed icy snow, ice chunks, etc ... plastic shovels are known to be inadequate ... hop...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 4 - Technical Treats
February 10, 3:51pm

quack quack
This jacket uses hydrophobic down, which is made with a coating process that Berghaus helped develop. The down takes longer to collapse when wet, and has a much faster drying time. In field recover...

In Editor's Roundtable » Winter ISPO 2011: Day 3 - A Smorgasbord of Worldly Flavors
February 09, 1:40am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm