Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3081 - 3090 of 4047 | Page: 1 ...300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ...405

Forum » Thread

Why is outdoor gear so ugly? The weird world of performance outerwear
a few choice excerpts ... gear as substitute for our abilities???? ... NEVER !!!! http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2010/nov/25/outdoor-gear-bad-science-ugly Adventure gear deploys t...

In GEAR » Why is outdoor gear so ugly? The weird world of performance outerwear
December 13, 7:37am

inovs
i went to flatish shoes and have never looked back

In GEAR » Footwear: Aggressive sole rockers cause damage - flat is better - Agree?
December 13, 1:16am

windshirt
warren ... if you dont normally wear a windshirt you can just wear the exl under yr rain jacket while in camp for extra warmth and abrasion resistance ... just dont wear it for higher exertion acti...

In GEAR » Montbell EX Light (5.7 oz.) vs. Arc’teryx Atom LT Jacket (11 oz.)
December 12, 5:02pm

cute fuzzay wuzzays
you cant go for a jog on a trail here without running into a bear ... i ran into bears twice on walks this summer within the GVRD (greater vancouver), once on the BCMC up grouse, the second at bunt...

In GEAR » Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
December 12, 4:06pm

random thought
what if you meet a bear with the food in yr pack?

In GEAR » Bear Canister Carry Options With Small Packs
December 12, 3:06pm

wallymart
i actually think that big box stores are the bet place to start for certain things ... like underwear and midlayers and socks and gloves keep in mind that quite a few folks that work outdoors bu...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking, Wal-Mart Style
December 12, 2:56pm

a few comments
ryan ... consider a pair of layered winter boots ... something like sorels or baffins ... they are a bit heavier but are quite warm ... also the fleece liner is removable so if yr camping overnight...

In Winter Hiking » Fingers and Toes
December 12, 2:30pm

one more story
hmmm that makes sense anyways one more story before i go out for the night last year when i first got my atom lt and exl ... i went for a walk with this girl she didnt bring any insulation...

December 11, 9:05pm

fragile
they prob arent THAT fragile ... im paranoid anyways ... but i wouldnt want to snag it on a the wrong branch the windshirt would add to the warmth anyways i tent to stay away from fires in an...

December 11, 8:51pm

ul
warren ... functionally they are roughly the same warmth the UL has a 15D vs the exl 7D shell ... slight bit more tear and abrasion resistance IMO put it this way ... i dont even sneeze witho...

December 11, 8:11pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm