Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear List3 day SUL gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 3061 - 3070 of 4069 | Page: 1 ...298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ...407

Forum » Thread

fuel vs boil times
Roger- thanks- that's good to know, was hoping you were going to comment :)

In Make Your Own Gear » titanium heat exchanger help
January 08, 2:31pm

more testing
agreed, I've got several part used canisters floating around I need to find

January 08, 2:29pm

my not overly scientific results :) I boiled 1 liter of water of cold tap water (~ 45 F) to a full rolling boil, temperature was 27 F, elevation 2400' the canister was weighed before and ...

January 08, 2:09pm

sold- thanks

In Gear Swap » North Face Triumph rain jacket- brand new w/ tags!
January 08, 12:01pm

liner durability
similar findings- my smartwool liners only get about a season, most of that being used up in the winter w/ poles though- for summer use only they'd last longer I'm sure I think I might t...

In GEAR » Gloves, liners, gauntlets, mitts, muffs, etc. What are you wearing and when?
January 08, 10:44am

Re: May in MT
Dave- he said no snow :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Suggestions for May 2011
January 07, 7:58pm

^ similar
my setup is similar to Dave's Smartwool liners, if need be I add Endeavor mitts; I carry a pair of PL400 mitts to use w/ the Endeavors if it's really cold might have to look into the ...

In GEAR » Gloves, liners, gauntlets, mitts, muffs, etc. What are you wearing and when?
January 07, 7:36pm

large toebox
these guys carry a very wide selection (including most mentioned in this thread) when you select a shoe it will describe heel fit, midfoot, forefoot, toe box and ...

In GEAR » Lightest Trail Runners with Large Toebox?
January 07, 6:47pm

I'd love to invite you and your friends to Montana, but May is not the time to come- much too unpredictable (even June is sadly) and there is that grizzly thing :) Last May my wife and I wen...

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Suggestions for May 2011
January 07, 6:34pm

Re: Straws
Henry said "Mike, I presume you keep your 'skinny joint' straws in a different spot than your PJ firekit straws so that you don't use the wrong solution at the wrong time?"...

In GEAR » I knew there was a reason I always carry REI matches for emergencies
January 07, 3:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm