Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3061 - 3070 of 3971 | Page: 1 ...298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ...398

Forum » Thread

Re: Into the Wild
Not far from where he was looking to cross, there was a cable used for crossing in high water. Roman Dial has been there. No one knows why he didn't scout it out further, or I don't. The...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the Wild
March 10, 6:51pm

Re: fill weight
Fill weight 10 oz in the regular, 9 in short, 11 in long. 60/52/39" at shoulder/hips/footbox Probably more of a 25-30 degree bag.

In GEAR » How warm can you take your 20F quilt?
March 10, 6:01pm

Re: Specs on the Alpinist and Ultra 20
I'd guess/bet the golite ultra fill weight at 10 oz.

March 10, 3:34pm

Re: How warm can you take your 20F quilt?
Can you list the specs for each, arc alpinist and ultra? The ultra specs may be close, but I doubt they can be the same since the ultra uses heavier fabric at least at the foot. Also, I wonder what...

March 10, 1:49pm

Re: Re: Shangri-la vs Hex vs Megalight
I'd check with golite about their shelters using the same material as their packs and stuff sacks. My hut 1 shows none of that (or I have not noticed it), but my dawn and stuff sacks do show th...

In GEAR » Shangri-la vs Hex vs Megalight
March 10, 11:16am

Re: Single Inline Loop
A person could even use two lengths of rope for each pole so you don't have to tie a knot. Both lengths get a pre-tied bowline on end and tautline hitch on the other. To set up, 1. girth h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Avoiding clove hitches for tarps in the field
March 09, 5:26am

Re: Shower attachment option?
All you need is... 1. Collapsible water container- you platypus big zip is fine 2. Drink tube kit- with hyperflow bite valve The big zip comes with holes to add string. Other platypus containe...

In GEAR » Shower attachment option?
March 08, 11:27am

Brunton Lite-Tech™ 8x22 Waterproof Monocular
8x22, 1.3"x3.3", 2 oz., 10ft close focus, 2.4mm exit pupil, 12mm eye relief, 181ft fov, bak4 prism, multicoated lens, waterproof/fogproof, nitrogen filled

In GEAR » Brunton Lite-Tech™ 8x22 Waterproof Monocular
March 07, 8:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Pocket Slipper Camp Shoes
Roleigh, yes according to the website and Greg's weights listed.

In GEAR » Pocket Slipper Camp Shoes
March 07, 10:23am

Re: Stix length question
Rod, probably 120 to 125 cm

In GEAR » New BPL carbon Stix
March 07, 10:19am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm