BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3061 - 3070 of 3690 | Page: 1 ...298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Back from Zion
Thanks for the feedback...glad you had a great trip!

In GEAR » Best and Essential Gear for Canyoneering Zion?
September 24, 7:53pm

Re: featherlite
Make sure about featherlite sizing. In one post you said 34 waist which is a large. Now size said to be medium. Just pointing that out.

In Gear Swap » Lower prices, need to move
September 23, 9:46pm

Re: I fail to see American's fondness for soap as a problem
greg, if it worked on a negative feedback loop, as do some hormones in the body, then using moisturizing creams may have that affect. But, it doesn't. Using moisturizing creams does not cause o...

In GEAR » Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant... what do you use?
September 23, 5:55am

Re: Arcteryx soft shell and layering systerm: New winter hiker needs advice
arcteryx is sooooooo overpriced. I avoid their website.

In GEAR » Arcteryx soft shell and layering systerm: New winter hiker needs advice
September 23, 5:36am

Re: Missing hiker wouldn't drink untreated water
She was unprepared to be solo in the outdoors...lucky she lived...sheer ignorance on the water thing.

In GEAR » Missing hiker wouldn't drink untreated water
September 22, 5:23am

Re: Re: Wow
Ben the BPL auctioneer. P.S. there is no such thing as montane aero windpants. Are they montane featherlite windpants?

In Gear Swap » Gear, Gear, Gear!!!
September 21, 6:55pm

Re: Re: What's the benefit of synthetic?
I disagree with the below statement. Please review human physiology of sweating. The princeton article online was wrong too and that is why the CDC (it was on their site too) made them take that pa...

In GEAR » What's the benefit of synthetic?
September 19, 11:35am

Re: Re: Skurka Podcast: Song Credits
Ryan said the song would be posted for free on this website during the summer, but I never saw it. I could be wrong.

In Editor's Roundtable » The Great Western Loop
September 17, 11:41am

Re: FS: 2007 adjustable Titanium Goat Ti trekking poles
Did they fall apart on one trip? Buyers need the feedback.

In Gear Swap » FS: Titanium Goat Ti trekking poles
September 16, 5:55am

Re: Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant... what do you use?
Get a clear jel, express what you need and wipe off into the bpl container. That's what I'd do with a significant other along. Apply it with your fingers or a cheapo plastic knife OR the ha...

In GEAR » Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant... what do you use?
September 15, 7:53pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm