Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3051 - 3060 of 3970 | Page: 1 ...297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ...397

Forum » Thread

Re: Footbox condensation...
In the equinox bivy I have it seems that the silnylon comes up too high and doesn't allow enough ventilation to prevent footbox condensation.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Condensation inside bivy bags
March 24, 6:43pm

Re: Komperdell Featherlites
You need to track down Doug Johnson or the guy who wrote the myog trekking pole page. I bet you can do it though I have no experience with it.

In GEAR » Komperdell Featherlites
March 23, 4:34pm

Re: Re: PBF
Wonder what's up with the no number fetish...

In Chaff » All Practical Backpacking Members!!!!
March 14, 7:21am

Re: RE: Foam slippers
Very smart Dustin...

In GEAR » Pocket Slipper Camp Shoes
March 12, 8:38pm

Re: Re: Re: MS Vista not showing New Posts
I'd bet it's not any browser issue, but this forum software doing that. The new posts function probably has a time limit on it so if you leave the site open for some period of time and clic...

In Chaff » MS Vista not showing New Posts
March 12, 11:12am

Re: MS Vista not showing New Posts
I've noticed that sometimes just clicking on "new posts since last visit" doesn't give all posts that you have not read (if you see what I mean). If I keep the bpl site open but d...

In Chaff » MS Vista not showing New Posts
March 12, 7:49am

Re: Re: Lightest Vapour Barrier Clothing
Dang, they must have stopped selling it. You could ask them at Another thought for at least a silnylon top is the equinox rain jacket. It's probably too heavy at nearly ...

In GEAR » Lightest Vapour Barrier Clothing
March 11, 2:20pm

Re: Equinox bivy owners: question
My equinox bivy has no netting. It does have a hood of sorts, but I don't use the hood.

In GEAR » Equinox bivy owners: question
March 11, 10:58am

Re: Lightest Vapour Barrier Clothing
If you are not going to make your own from cuben, spinnaker, etc, you could buy the silnylon rain suit from antigravity gear. It may be baggy though.

In GEAR » Lightest Vapour Barrier Clothing
March 11, 9:11am

Re: Into the Wild
Not far from where he was looking to cross, there was a cable used for crossing in high water. Roman Dial has been there. No one knows why he didn't scout it out further, or I don't. The...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the Wild
March 10, 6:51pm

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm