Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3051 - 3060 of 3727 | Page: 1 ...297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ...373

Forum » Thread

Re: Sleeping Clothes?
It's an old myth that you should sleep near naked to warm up a bag. Those sleeping clothes should be dry though.

In Philosophy & Technique » Sleeping Clothes?
October 28, 9:54pm

Re: Mountain Laurel Designs Duo Shelter
similar to the MSR twin peaks.

In GEAR » Mountain Laurel Designs Duo Shelter
October 28, 9:49pm

Re: The beginning of a great conversation
"Passionate" is the perfect diplomatic way to put it..lol. Can't wait to read more. What shelter is David going to use? I think that is very important to the equation.

In GEAR » Cocoon Conundrum
October 28, 4:56pm

Re: Re: Equinox ultralight mummy bivy
Since my Equinox bivy is a little older, I wonder if they modified the bivy in the footbox area to have a little less silnylon? It'd be interesting to know how far Phil's footbox silnyl...

In GEAR » Equinox ultralight mummy bivy
October 28, 6:15am

Re: I carry...
I think using the regular stuff sack it comes with will fit sideways in the jam2 pack, not sure though. Hanging the bag should be fine. Many seem to think nice down bags should not be compressed fu...

In GEAR » Golite feather
October 27, 9:49pm

Re: Teva X-1 Pro Racer
I don't see a x-1 "pro" racer on their site, just the x-1 racer. http://tinyurl.com/28nf3m From reading reviews of it's predecessor shoe, the soles did wear out fast.

In GEAR » Teva X-1 Pro Racer
October 27, 9:03pm

Re: Any suggestions?
Suggestion on compression? That bag should come with a stuff sack and oversized sack for at home storage. I would not use a compression stuff sack with it, though I also don't know the packed s...

In GEAR » Golite feather
October 27, 8:57pm

Re: Golite feather
doubtful.

In GEAR » Golite feather
October 27, 8:35pm

Re: BPL Bivy?
Why not? It's double the price of what you can sometimes get the Equinox for.

October 27, 7:40am

Re: Equinox ultralight mummy bivy
I use this bivy and like it alot. The only condensation I get is at the footbox maybe because the silnylon comes up a little too far to let that moisture evaporate. I've never had condensation ...

October 27, 6:34am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm