Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3051 - 3060 of 4342 | Page: 1 ...297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ...435

Forum » Thread

i wont say the Y word ...
you know climbing's hawt when ya see this ... im gonna wear my dead bird harness, dead mammoth (mammut) rope, and petzl ice axe to the nightclub this weekend "hey there baby if i trotsk...

In GEAR » i wont say the Y word ...
February 16, 1:58pm

depends
depends what you want to do plenty of day scrambles, weekenders, alpine climbs, etc ... best place for info is clubtread.com

In Post-Trip Reports » Hiking in Vancouver, BC in May?
February 15, 4:09pm

bag
IMO definitely the humidity ... i could get away with temps in the rockies that i cant on the coast with my down clothing ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Through Hyperbole: A Walk in the Clouds
February 15, 4:04pm

rampart
OR makes a non breathable jacket with the best ventilation in the business all for around $50 ... there are double zips on the size and front all the way to the hem allowing you to fully vent the t...

In GEAR » Rainwear for dangerous rain…
February 14, 1:08pm

down
down under synth actually is best for moisture management .... same as a down bag under a synth over bag

In GEAR » Replacing Long Johns with Insulated Down Vest/Jacket?
February 14, 12:35pm

not that long
if yr not planning to hike in it ... down will provide much more warmth than the merino i use and exl under an atom lt synth just fine ... itll provide more than twice the insulation as the ther...

In GEAR » Replacing Long Johns with Insulated Down Vest/Jacket?
February 14, 1:57am

fit
go with whichever one fits best .... its useless no matter how light it is or how cheap it is if it dont fit as cochrane said ... if the glove dont fit you must acquit ...

In GEAR » CDT vs Swift: UL Packs
February 13, 1:01pm

injuries
the fatality rate as a % of SAR incidents is very low in general ... even YOSAR during the 10 year 1990-1999 period had a fatality rate of < 5% ... and that includes all those dirtbag climbers g...

In GEAR » Where to carrying a plb and why?
February 12, 12:34am

viva la france
roger ... i believe most petzl climbing equipment is made in france, the also outsourced some to the US ... no factories in china that im aware of however companies in china do have experienc...

In GEAR » fake petzl gear warning
February 11, 6:40pm

scary scary scary
ben/bob these are especially serious and scary as petzl indicates .. These illegal copies look exactly like the Petzl originals. Their outward appearance has been expertly reproduced which ...

In GEAR » fake petzl gear warning
February 11, 2:40pm

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm