Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 3051 - 3060 of 4365 | Page: 1 ...297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ...437

Forum » Thread

james ... youre comparing a 14 oz down sweater against a 23 oz down jacket ... it will definately be less warm and likely cheaper ... one of their guide jackets would be a better comparison ...

In Gear Deals » New jacket by Valandre' - the Immelman
February 27, 10:48am

and i am constantly surprised (or not surprised) i guess by retailers and manufacturers posting up about their stuff being "ground breaking", the best, the bomb, the ultimate, unobtanium ...

February 27, 10:25am

people have climbed peaks with other jackets from other manuf ... everybody claims their product is unique or the best ... EB first ascent told me the same ... of course their guides use thei...

February 27, 3:52am

i think you have it nailed .... a true en-rated sub 30F bag should be fine ... if its too warm just open it up and use it like a blanket

In GEAR » Extending the range of your sleeping bag
February 26, 10:59pm

pop goes the weasel
stick and stones will break my bones ... and pop my inflatable snowshoes i bet ya can walk on water with em though ;)

In GEAR » Inflatable Snowshoes?
February 26, 4:39pm

the mec yellow standard evazote pad weights 350g and provides a R of 1.6 the zlite weights 410g and gives an R value of 2.2, it is however 183 cm vs. 150 c, for the mec yellow and is 51 cm vs. 5...

In GEAR » Evazote Pads - why?
February 26, 3:27pm

they dont add up ... i did a post on it a while back ... evazote is mec yellow ... i was told they are more durable than the mec blue unless im missing something ... i suspect its a matter of on...

In GEAR » Evazote Pads - why?
February 26, 11:40am

add a zlite or ridgerest and youll be fine the R values for those for the weight is generally higher than simple foamies

In GEAR » How to take my 3/4 length Prolite Plus down to 20F
February 26, 11:30am

i hate to say it again ... but an en-rating is a very good reference point for the average person .. as long as you have sufficient ground insulation ... you should be able to handle the LL com...

In GEAR » Extending the range of your sleeping bag
February 26, 11:27am

if the down sweater fits under the nanopuffy without much compression ... keep em both using both together is a good jacket for milder winter conditions and shoulder seasons

In GEAR » Patagonia nanopuff or down sweater?
February 26, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm