Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3031 - 3040 of 3970 | Page: 1 ...295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ...397

Forum » Thread

Re: Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
The guy, Wolf-23000, has been boasting about his light weight for years on that site. First it was his sub 4 hiking and now he started his post about just over a pound JMT hike. He always brings up...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
April 08, 2:39am

Colorado River, Texas
A few lightweight paddling pics.

In Photo Gallery » Colorado River, Texas
April 06, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Backcountry Cookfires: Overview and Techniques for Cooking Over an Open Flame
There are more philosophical threads up in here than I can throw a stick at these days... Plato

In Editor's Roundtable » Backcountry Cookfires: Overview and Techniques for Cooking Over an Open Flame
April 02, 11:08am

Re: Baby name ideas?
Everest Basecamp Cadorin...what a beautiful sound that has?...maybe not?

In Chaff » Baby name ideas?
April 01, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Thermometers
The taylor models should turn off automatically so you cannot get accurate min/max unless you stay up all night to click it on every few minutes.

In GEAR » Thermometers
March 31, 6:11pm

Re: Help With My Gear List
It was over my head, so I was left speechless.

In Gear Lists » Help With My Gear List
March 30, 5:45pm

Re: MB Stretch Wind Jacket: H2O-resistance and breathability
I would like to use that Montbell top and bottom as a winter soft shell in place of cloudveil inertia fabric. Thoughts?

In GEAR » MB Stretch Wind Jacket: H2O-resistance and breathability
March 30, 10:13am

Mysterioso/Under Armor combo
Richard, I know this combo isn't a wetsuit, but it sure is skin tight. I have a marmot top and bottom made of polartec powerstretch very similar to mysterioso. Over that, I had an unused top an...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Lightweight Guide to Backpacking in Sustained, Cold Rain
March 30, 9:42am

Re: Hyperflow Bite Valve?
Pinch the valve for water flow, yes. There is good pressure for cleaning. I hold the valve in one hand and use it that way. You only use the water needed that way.

In GEAR » Shower attachment option?
March 29, 6:09pm

Re: Re: An idea for a waterproof, windproof
Huzefa, interesting idea of combining silnylon with propore to make a hybrid garment for breathability in less stressed areas and silnylon in high stress areas. Post pics when finished!!!

In Make Your Own Gear » An idea for a waterproof, windproof, breathable (better then eVent), durable jacket
March 29, 8:50am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm