Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/oh9pwel
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3031 - 3040 of 3955 | Page: 1 ...295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ...396

Forum » Thread

Re: The Sierra Club sells out
Going green is a new movement that everyone will cash in on including the Sierra Club. Some aspects of it are good of course, but alot is simply about money. It's "pc" to be green...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Sierra Club sells out
March 26, 2:29pm

Re: Ultralight Climbing
Apparently that moron is also into tearing up national landmarks. http://outside.away.com/outside/features/200606/dean-potter-delicate-arch-climb-1.html

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Climbing
March 26, 1:12pm

Re: Foam Shoes
I think I am going to make some CCF booties with foam sides to wear in cold temps. This past week I slept in 20 degree temps with only a GG nightlight torso and my feets got cold. A decent remedy w...

In GEAR » Pocket Slipper Camp Shoes
March 25, 10:07pm

Re: Ultralight Climbing
Gutsy, but won't surprise me if he dies early.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Climbing
March 25, 3:08pm

Re: re: 1st Aid Kit
Jack, what do you use to write on the baking parchment?

In Gear Lists » First Aid/Repair/Survival Kit List
March 25, 2:39pm

Re: Footbox condensation...
In the equinox bivy I have it seems that the silnylon comes up too high and doesn't allow enough ventilation to prevent footbox condensation.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Condensation inside bivy bags
March 24, 6:43pm

Re: Komperdell Featherlites
You need to track down Doug Johnson or the guy who wrote the myog trekking pole page. I bet you can do it though I have no experience with it.

In GEAR » Komperdell Featherlites
March 23, 4:34pm

Re: Re: PBF
Wonder what's up with the no number fetish...

In Chaff » All Practical Backpacking Members!!!!
March 14, 7:21am

Re: RE: Foam slippers
Very smart Dustin...

In GEAR » Pocket Slipper Camp Shoes
March 12, 8:38pm

Re: Re: Re: MS Vista not showing New Posts
I'd bet it's not any browser issue, but this forum software doing that. The new posts function probably has a time limit on it so if you leave the site open for some period of time and clic...

In Chaff » MS Vista not showing New Posts
March 12, 11:12am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm