Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3031 - 3040 of 3856 | Page: 1 ...295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ...386

Forum » Thread

Re: Custom Pack Makers?
Zpacks.com might do it. Moonbowgear.com. Search for Rodney (cant remember last name) who makes packs too.

In GEAR » Custom Pack Makers?
February 03, 6:24am

Re: Song at end of podcast
The song was never posted.

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Roundtable Discussion of the Limits of Ultralight Backpacking
February 03, 6:21am

Re: Re: Golite Lair 1
I wonder how Andrew Skurka modified his to get it down to 8 ounces?

In GEAR » Golite Lair 1 for 6'3" me
February 03, 6:20am

Re: Where to download the Bush Buddy Song?
Check here

In GEAR » Where to donwload the Bush Buddy Song?
February 02, 9:27pm

Re: Thoughts
Why would braces stop a person from eating chocolate?

In Philosophy & Technique » Meal Plan for thru-hike
February 02, 9:08pm

Re: Radical Choice?
I don't use deodorant on the trail. Ben, I've never heard of an antibacterial deodorant. While using antibacterial soaps is frowned upon, it does not weaken our natural defenses that I have...

In Philosophy & Technique » Deoderant choice?
February 02, 5:24am

Re: Re: Attitude
Enough of the anti-american rhetoric. Get over this thread and move on with your life ; )

In Chaff » Should BPL go metric?
January 31, 7:36pm

Re: Database for Gear
There was an excel competition here a couple years ago with free downloads of several gearlist databases. Do a search for it. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/backpacking...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Database for Gear
January 31, 12:38pm

Re: recommendations
I'd say the lightest are kids sleds. I used the Paris Glad-A-Boggan at 2.5 pounds. Of course the weight goes up with the straps and poles needed to complete the setup. http://www.rei.com/pro...

In Editor's Roundtable » Take the Load Off: Using Pulks to Travel Over Snow
January 30, 7:27am

Re: Emergency Bivuoc
I gather you expected trees at the established primitive site to tie off your tarp with the triptease and then stake it to the ground? I would have looked for another site for camp nearby first...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Emergency Bivuoc
January 30, 7:24am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm