Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/oh9pwel
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3011 - 3020 of 3959 | Page: 1 ...293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ...396

Forum » Thread

Re: The Carbon Flame War"
A comparison of tropical temperature trends with model predictions http://www.isepp.org/Comparison.pdf

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 11, 11:01am

Re: Podcast: Making Unconventional Choices for a Better Life
nm

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Making Unconventional Choices for a Better Life
April 11, 3:29am

Re: Is there a palce for Pertex Microlight in sleeping bags?
Big Agnes has been using it for years.

In GEAR » Is there a palce for Pertex Microlight in sleeping bags?
April 11, 3:19am

Re: Re: Blister 1st Aid
Art, using nail clippers that are not sterilized is putting yourself at risk of infection, IMO. Eric, you left out the most important steps of 1. applying alcohol pad to dirt-free skin, 2. ster...

In GEAR » Light nail clippers?
April 11, 3:15am

Re: Podcast: Making Unconventional Choices for a Better Life
Well, I'm glad y'all chose to not keep this a members only podcast as it was earlier this morning. While this sort of living is definitely rustic, simple it is not? I admire the truely m...

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Making Unconventional Choices for a Better Life
April 10, 12:34pm

Re: Gear List
Your gearlist must be in .pdf format as it says on that upload page.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Gear List
April 09, 6:09pm

Re: If money is the root of all evil....
Just to be clear, the Holy Bible says (1 Timothy 6:10), "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil." Not ALL evil... Jimmy Swaggart Client 10

In Editor's Roundtable » Affluenza: Fact-Heavy Book Carries a Lightweight Message
April 09, 4:09am

Re: Unused Integral Designs Siltarp 5' x 8' - $40
It looks like a silponcho, not a siltarp.

In Gear Swap » Unused Integral Designs Siltarp 5' x 8'
April 09, 4:04am

Re: Money is the root.....
Where there is excess of money though, there is a love of money (for the most part). People don't hang on to their money excess just because it's used to buy stuff. It only takes so much to...

In Editor's Roundtable » Affluenza: Fact-Heavy Book Carries a Lightweight Message
April 08, 3:01am

Re: Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
The guy, Wolf-23000, has been boasting about his light weight for years on that site. First it was his sub 4 hiking and now he started his post about just over a pound JMT hike. He always brings up...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
April 08, 2:39am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm