BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 3011 - 3020 of 3664 | Page: 1 ...293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ...367

Forum » Thread

Re: podcasts, nice but pretty useless
I thought they had brought up possibly also having the text version of the podcast like on other podcasting sites.

In Editor's Roundtable » Podcast: Pre-Trip Planning and Support Logistics
October 17, 5:46pm

Re: Candles
Ben, I think, is looking for the tea candles for the holder not the candle

In GEAR » Help Me Find Large Tea Light Candles
October 17, 11:25am

Re: Re: Re: Why was I cold?
How long was the original poster using the BA pad? So that pad must be used with a certain side up for proper insulation since the insulation is only on one side?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why was I cold?
October 17, 8:03am

Re: If Only Someone Made An... uninsulated WP/B shell glove
Brett, I think the original poster sells an event glove at MLD.

In GEAR » If Only Someone Made A.....
October 17, 7:32am

Re: Six Moon Designs Wild Oasis Tent REVIEW
No floorless shelter is bugproof as you will find if you take this to Arkansas in August. Bug resistant yes...

In Editor's Roundtable » Six Moon Designs Wild Oasis Tent REVIEW
October 17, 7:14am

Re: Best Chlorine Dioxide Tablets for storage and emergency use
The ones on sale ; )

In GEAR » Best Chlorine Dioxide Tablets for storage and emergency use
October 14, 5:15pm

Re: 15% Discount for Northern Lites Group Order
If using multiple section poles, consider using snow baskets. The smaller the basket the further down your pole may go putting more stress on the section joints. I broke a pole at the section joint...

In GEAR » Which snowshoes to get for winter hiking/backpacking
October 14, 5:07pm

Re: Re: trekking poles
I've never owned anything but Black Diamond since 2002, and wouldn't buy twist lock poles. Any flick lock pole can slip if the screw in the mechanism isn't tight enough. As to we...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2007 Alpkit Carbonlite Trekking Poles REVIEW
October 11, 6:01am

Re: Re: SD Isotope V. Golite Virga
Golite dumped the current version of the jacket from their website, so that might speak volumes. Someone mentioned a new virga coming out next year though (?new fabric).

In GEAR » Sierra Design Isotope Rain jacket : experiences
October 07, 4:59am

Re: A green suggestion
The M.E. green is not too far off the gray, which I like alot. Some yellows are nice. The MSR orange isn't too bad if you wanna be seen. Bright green or blue I don't go for.

In GEAR » Perfered Tarp Colors
October 07, 4:53am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm