BPL Community Profile

Ken Helwig (kennyhel77) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA
About Me A return to backpacking after a musicians life. Hiked with too much weight before finding out the "lite" side. I live in Scotts Valley which is right in the middle of the beautiful Santa Cruz Mountains, and only 10 minutes from the beach and 15 minutes from Los Gatos. Love the Sierra's!!! Too many places to see and go!
CityScotts Valley
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Helwig

Showing 3001 - 3010 of 3411 | Page: 1 ...292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ...342

Forum » Thread

Gossamer Gear G5 4 Sale
never used size large $60 I have paypal you pay shipping kennethhelwig@sbcglobal.net

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear G5
November 04, 10:26am

Re: Re: Food, try it, you'll like it.
that sounds good. I must try it too.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food, try it, you'll like it.
October 31, 5:07pm

Re: Re: Forum Profile
Dunno Bill, I actually like it.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Forum Profile
October 29, 7:16pm

Re: Re: Re:New MontBell UL Pad
https://www2.montbell.com/america/asp/products/Spg_shosai.asp?cat=1106&hinban=1124290 there you go

In GEAR » New MontBell UL Pad
October 22, 10:10am

Re: Re: your pic
Could be Cathedral or Unicorn. Both lovely peaks. Did Half Dome and Clouds Rest from Tuolumne to the valley a few years ago. Clouds Rest blew away Half Dome IMHO. Both are awesome though.

In Chaff » Member Profile
October 21, 3:50pm

your pic
Thomas is that on top of Whitney in your pic?

October 21, 9:44am

Re: Re: Member Profile
Thanks Bill will do. Very cool!!

October 21, 12:10am

Re: Re: Member Profile
uhhhh how do you do that though. I went to my account and could not find anything remotely like placing photos, etc.

October 20, 9:34pm

Re: Member Profile
agreed!!

October 20, 9:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Emigrant wilderness last weekend!
you mean 3 hours without the Friday nightmare getting out of the Bay Area and the lousy traffic through Tracy. Still, it is a nice place to get away for the weekend..Nice photo!

In Make Your Own Gear » 1 oz. grill
October 20, 7:29am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Helwig

Showing 1 - 9 of 9 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Been using ULA packs for years. Bought the P2, P1 and now the Conduit. All are excellent in their own way. Customer service is perfect and so is the gear. Great packs!!!

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 06, 4:58pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Came home to find a rather colorful small box on my porch today. Wow it is small. I have always thought that it would be cool to have a small bear cannister for 1-2 nights of backpacking. Well here it...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 22, 6:25pm

Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape
I have only taken this on one trip so far. Everything that I have read about this is true. The space (square feet) and the coverage is awesome. I did not feel claustrophobic at all. The harness is a g...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 08, 12:31pm

Down Works (Santa Cruz, CA)
I live in Scotts Valley which is 5 minutes from The Down Works. I have purchased alot of gear from them. I find them knowledgable, curtious, and priced right. Their products in their store is geared t...

March 26, 4:53pm

Gossamer Gear
Have used two packs of theirs, tarp, pad, stoves and clothing. No problems at all!!!! Love their stuff and they continue to do well after the change. Without hesitation, I will use them for more purch...

November 24, 7:27pm

Go Lite Speed
Just bought this today with a need for a multi day pack. I like all of the extra pockets, but wish that they were just a little bigger. As for the helmet holder, this is a great feature. I will not be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 19, 4:34pm

Seychelle In Line Eliminator
I too like the idea of this filter. The problem that I have had is getting the runs too. This has now happened a few times. Wonder if the filter is working at all.

In Hydration - Water Treatment
December 10, 4:26pm

ULA Equipment P-1
I have owned a P-1 for six months now (and a P-2 for 3 years) and have come to really enjoy the qualities that make this pack a great weeklong hauler. The 1/4 length stays work well in making your pac...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 10:40am

Gossamer Gear Mariposa
4200 ci with two stays. A pouch for your sleeping pad on the outside to add support to the frame, and the best part of the pack is that it weighs in at 17 oz. Other options include using clothing inst...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 04, 9:40am