BPL Community Profile

Scott Bentz (scottbentz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me I live in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. I can get to a lot of nice hiking areas right from my street or travel for 15 minutes to higher elevations in the Angeles National Forrest. I started packing again with my sons in their Boy Scout troop. I was definitely not light that first trip 6 years ago and have been reducing my pack weight ever since. I mainly pack a few times a year in the Eastern and Western Sierras.
My PDF Gear ListNorth Lake South Lake 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott Bentz

Showing 301 - 310 of 434 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ...44

Forum » Thread

Yosemite
Yosemite is a long ways from LA. However, if I were to do it I would leave LA and enter on the south end of the park in order to go through the tunnels and get that view of the valley. That sight s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Limited Time...Yosemite, Joshua Tree, or Both?
May 08, 10:25am

Stealth Camping
" stealth camp in remote and uncommon locations" And just how does one know a "stealth" camp isn't the bears favorite place to hand out? To me, stealth relates more to n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Can Cheating?
May 07, 6:34pm

REI Poles
I bought these this year during a REI clearance for about 75% off clearance. Must be due to the re-design of the product. I have been using twist lock Leki poles for skiing for years and was there...

In GEAR » REI UL Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles
May 05, 11:44am

What about a hiking pole
Has anyone tried to wrap it around a hiking pole like many do with duct tape? I would imagine it would not work but was just wondering.

In GEAR » Question for Leukotape users
April 28, 10:09am

Thanks
Thanks for the report. It sounds like everything went well and the scouts had a great time. Hopefully, this will be the start of much more backpacking.

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightening up Adults (again)
April 27, 4:41pm

Nice Shakedown
The extra clothes are pretty standard. Sweets also. The best one I remember, just as we were unloading packs at the trailhead, was a 6 pack of Creme Soda.

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Lightening up Adults (again)
April 23, 5:55pm

Wag Bag
Why not get a Wag Bag like they use up to Whitney? They have chemicals that will neutralize the odor and come it double bags.

In GEAR » Carrying Your Sh*t
April 20, 4:52pm

Big 3 + 1
Pack-G Gear Mariposa Plus (older) ... 20.0 BMW Torsolite Sleep Pad... 10.0 G Gear 1/8" Thinlight... 2.0 Polycro Groundcloth... .3 G Gear SpinnTwinn... 9.3 Equinox Ultralight Bivy... 6.5...

In GEAR » Whats your weight for the big 3+1
April 17, 4:22pm

Tough Times
Yeah, I get it. I think sometimes we just buy things that we think we need and then when we get it we find we don't use it and it just sits around. Better to sell at a loss than to have it in t...

In GEAR » Gear in "Tough Times"
April 16, 2:57pm

Buy and Forget
"How many people buy a couple hundred dollar item and put it immediately into a closet to be forgotten about?" More than we care to think. I know for me, I always buy something thinkin...

In GEAR » Gear in "Tough Times"
April 16, 2:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Scott Bentz

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MSR MIOX
We used a MSR Miox on a trip with 9 people (Scouts). We got very spotty results and ended up playing with the unit more than we wanted. It seemed like the perfect solution but was not worth the wait. ...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 5:04pm