BPL Community Profile

James Pitts (jjpitts) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest US
About Me James Pitts has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Pitts

Showing 301 - 308 of 308 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Forum » Thread

RE: CF
Had your partner been hit and killed that would fall into the tragic "what a way to go!" category.

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade Trekking pole
July 05, 5:06pm

CF
Sorry to hear about the broken pole. I have a pair of telescoping poles I bought from Alpkit in Europe a while back that are made from roll-wrapped CF. I love them and use them once in a while....

June 29, 5:33am

autograph
The autograph just makes the book heavier. You should charge less for it because of that.

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Cave1 and Nest1 for $100
June 29, 5:20am

Woo hoo
Email sent

In Gear Swap » Filson Mackinaw Wool Vest, sz 44
June 25, 7:07pm

Sleeping Pads
I have a number of different pads for different uses. I have the Exped pad for camping with the Boy Scouts (Jamborees, etc). No need to go without on these trips! It is very comfortable. I ...

In GEAR » UL Sleeping Pad - Thermarest Ridge Rest vs Gossamer Nighlight vs Others
June 24, 7:53pm

Riemenliechter
I'll prolly get lit up for making a strong statement here, but I'll accept this risk because I think it was correctly stated that this, like so many things, is a personal preference. ... "Riemen...

June 24, 7:44pm

DIY Trekking Poles
I have made my own trekking poles. The tips were just trekking pole tips you can find on the web (carbide tip) with a 10mm socket. The grips are Komperdell replacement grips, plastic, with the cl...

June 20, 6:34pm

tent wash
first time post... I put a few TBS of laundry soap ("Tide" which is what we wash our clothes with) in the tub and fill to a few inches with warm water. I then slosh the tent around gently in th...

In GEAR » Cleaning a silnylon tent
June 20, 6:25pm

All Reader Reviews by James Pitts

Showing 1 - 10 of 23 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Pro-Tick Remedy Pro-Tick
I am so glad someone posted a review of this gizmo. First let me say that you can remove a tick with a pair of tweezers. The Pro-Tick Remedy tool is not multi-use like tweezers. That said, it w...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
May 26, 11:18am

Repel Lemon Euculyptus Insect Spray
I am a huge fan of 3M Ultrathon largely because the stuff works REALLY WELL... for what I use it for. So this is sort of my "gold standard"... encapsulated DEET lotion. That said, differ...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 26, 10:24am

Mountainsmith Wisp
I forget when I bought this. It was on an uber-closeout type deal. This sleeping bag is not made anymore. The facts: - 750+ fill down - Size Long (6' 6") Weight: Says 24 oz, 23 oz in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 08, 9:27pm

Marmot Atom
Let's get down to the facts: - Temp rating: 40 degrees - Size Long (6' 6") Weight: 20 oz on the box, 22 oz in my kitchen. - Shell: Pertex Quantum N-090 Ripstop - Lining: Pertex ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 08, 9:14pm

Martin Backpacker Guitar
Now here is a review you don't see every day. This was a very thoughtful gift from my dear wife. I am an avid guitar player but leave my music at home when I hike because a flat-top 6-string ...

In Miscellaneous Products
January 08, 8:54pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
What's with people that review gear they have never owned nor tested in the field? This is a mystery to me. Anyway, on to the Jetboil. I bought this because... I had an REI dividend and the...

In Stoves - Canister
January 08, 7:58pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
This was my default insulating layer until I bought the MontBell Down Inner Jacket. This jacket is very warm, as is the vest. I prefer the older models (05 and later) to the newer ones. I recall ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
January 08, 7:49pm

WalMart
What is there to review? Be careful driving in the parking lot because people seem to switch off their brains when they walk about outside the store. Seriously, they take anything back and there a...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 7:46pm

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
...and they really mean it. I have seen people hopelessly abuse the return policy but REI stands by it. The prices are fair, especially if you use an REI Gold Visa. The dividend makes for a nice gi...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 08, 7:43pm

Therm-A-Rest Lite Seat
Works great and is light but very comfortable. It takes quite a beating and will eventually get a hole in it. I have had to make two repairs to mine. I use it to extend my sleeping pad setup when I...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
January 08, 11:52am