Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 301 - 310 of 376 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Forum » Thread

mid-tarp tie-outs on silnylon
I've added tie-out loops on the body of a silnylon tarp meant for main support so they should be able to take a big load. I used a small square (like 3x3") of heavy fabric sewn under the s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Evaluate my tarp idea?
April 03, 7:24am

Re: Finishing Sleep System - Spring-Fall; Appalachians, Rockies... FRANCE?!
down insulation should be fine in the environments you mention. Having both down and synthetics (bag/clothes) makes sense too for some extra security. Then, I think it's better to use a down ba...

In GEAR » Finishing Sleep System - Spring-Fall; Appalachians, Rockies... FRANCE?!
April 03, 7:01am

Anyone used Stephenson 2c? Any opinions on the design?
as for that particular day in the review, I re-tensioned the tent before going to sleep but not anymore. The wind started blowing hard sometime before dawn. It's possible that some further tens...

In GEAR » Anyone used Stephenson 2c? Any opinions on the design?
March 31, 7:09am

Re: Sarek conditions compared to "Nordkalottleden"
hey Gustav, I was about to add it felt weird for me to be talking about that area to someone from Sweden :) obviously you know about the place much better than I do. It can be done in lightwei...

In GEAR » 3 season Tarptent use above treeline - do I need a bivy bag?
March 13, 4:05pm

Re: 3 season Tarptent use above treeline - do I need a bivy bag?
hey, I was about plugging my website in but I see I'm late :) I've only been in the area once so what do I know... but I tried to approach my Nordkalottleden trip from a lightweight perspe...

In GEAR » 3 season Tarptent use above treeline - do I need a bivy bag?
March 13, 8:47am

Re: Silnylon best floor option for net bivy?
1.3 silnylon floors are very common on the pct. I used one every night, no groundsheet, and it finished like new. 1.3 is not completely waterproof under pressure but the only times I've seen it...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon best floor option for net bivy?
February 22, 7:07am

Re: Closed cell or inflatable?
> sleeping on that will not feel the best after more than a few nights nobody but you can make such assumption. And you'd have to try to find out. I sleep perfectly well on closed cell fo...

In GEAR » Closed cell or inflatable?
February 22, 4:07am

rain shorts alternative
> I am coming around to the merits of hiking in the rain with shorts ... so I have to bring separate 'rain shorts' (aka a swimsuit) to keep my regular shorts dry, adding a hassle factor ...

In GEAR » Windshirt still needed with eVent jacket?
February 08, 6:15am

girth, bivies, drafts...
hey all, good discussion, some comments on the various last messages: I don't know what the shoulder girth means for an item with variable girth like a Nunatak Arc (I haven't measured m...

In GEAR » When a Bag is Better than a Quilt
January 21, 10:47am

Forte
> Forte seems to call for only 30 minutes. Has anybody tried both? I have used Forte quite a bit as it's the one I can get locally (MP1 chlorine dioxide tablets are not available and appa...

In GEAR » Katadyn Micropur Users
January 20, 4:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am