BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 301 - 310 of 332 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Forum » Thread

Re: dwr nylon bivies
I can't think of anything beyond the obvious as I'm not a regular bivy user. As for bivy vs. tarp: small footprint, quickest setup time, night sky views... as for wpb vs. dwr bivy, the latter will ...

In GEAR » Bivy Question
March 09, 6:02am

Boiling temp and altitude
One thing that came up in a recent discussion in another forum was that the typically stated boiling points for butane and propane are for sea level and they're lower at altitude. It makes sense si...

In GEAR » Selecting a Canister Stove for Cold Weather Backpacking
Part I: Stove and Fuel Fundamentals

March 09, 5:50am

Re: DWR nylon in bivies
A non-waterproof bivy makes the most sense when you use a minimal shelter like a small tarp where you are not fully protected from the elements, wind and spray, as PJ said. It can be of help also t...

In GEAR » Bivy Question
March 08, 6:11am

Re: Pack Cover or Pack Liner?
I think it depends on the pack. If the pack is made of a hydrophobic fabric and with few seams, a liner is probably better. If the pack fabric can hold water (even if it's coated and hence waterpro...

In GEAR » Pack Cover or Pack Liner?
March 08, 5:56am

Re: Lightweight and ultralight backpacking in Europe
I’m aware there’s real wilderness up north. I was referring mainly central-south-western Europe, I’m not that sure about the mountains in eastern Europe as wilderness areas, they’re defini...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight and ultralight backpacking in Europe
January 27, 7:42am

Re: Do tarps have limits?
I can relate to what you feel about that certain difficulty to apply others' experiences when those are from a different environment. It's a pity UL is not so much talked about in Europe but it's c...

In GEAR » When do you leave your tarp at home?
January 26, 11:05am

Re: When do you leave your tarp at home?
Anatoly, I think the key difference between America and Europe is that western Eu has no real wilderness. As far as sleeping out goes, this means you have to do it high in the mountains or else ...

In GEAR » When do you leave your tarp at home?
January 26, 6:51am

Re: Softshell as the consummate all-purpose pants
agree, too, on the Scholler dryskin as being a great choice for winter but I've found at least one situation where I didn't like their performance: on wet snow, wet weather, wet everything, I had v...

In GEAR » Bottoms layering schemes
January 19, 6:23am

Backpacking Scotland - Dealing With the Wet and Cold (Photo Essay & Gear List)
The highland moors are a place where I'd still take a pair of waterproof shoes or something waterproof for the feet. It's like walking on a sponge. It's very wet and chilly, I don't think there's ...

In GEAR » Backpacking Scotland - Dealing With the Wet and Cold (Photo Essay & Gear List)
January 18, 2:51pm

Re: turning trekking poles into a real tripod?
the idea is obvious but if you want it to work properly (easy to assemble-disassamble, stable) there's some work to do. My idea was just as you describe. I started from a regular tripod (not a expe...

In Photography » turning trekking poles into a real tripod?
January 17, 7:36am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am