Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 301 - 310 of 373 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Forum » Thread

Re: Sarek conditions compared to "Nordkalottleden"
hey Gustav, I was about to add it felt weird for me to be talking about that area to someone from Sweden :) obviously you know about the place much better than I do. It can be done in lightwei...

In GEAR » 3 season Tarptent use above treeline - do I need a bivy bag?
March 13, 4:05pm

Re: 3 season Tarptent use above treeline - do I need a bivy bag?
hey, I was about plugging my website in but I see I'm late :) I've only been in the area once so what do I know... but I tried to approach my Nordkalottleden trip from a lightweight perspe...

In GEAR » 3 season Tarptent use above treeline - do I need a bivy bag?
March 13, 8:47am

Re: Silnylon best floor option for net bivy?
1.3 silnylon floors are very common on the pct. I used one every night, no groundsheet, and it finished like new. 1.3 is not completely waterproof under pressure but the only times I've seen it...

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon best floor option for net bivy?
February 22, 7:07am

Re: Closed cell or inflatable?
> sleeping on that will not feel the best after more than a few nights nobody but you can make such assumption. And you'd have to try to find out. I sleep perfectly well on closed cell fo...

In GEAR » Closed cell or inflatable?
February 22, 4:07am

rain shorts alternative
> I am coming around to the merits of hiking in the rain with shorts ... so I have to bring separate 'rain shorts' (aka a swimsuit) to keep my regular shorts dry, adding a hassle factor ...

In GEAR » Windshirt still needed with eVent jacket?
February 08, 6:15am

girth, bivies, drafts...
hey all, good discussion, some comments on the various last messages: I don't know what the shoulder girth means for an item with variable girth like a Nunatak Arc (I haven't measured m...

In GEAR » When a Bag is Better than a Quilt
January 21, 10:47am

Forte
> Forte seems to call for only 30 minutes. Has anybody tried both? I have used Forte quite a bit as it's the one I can get locally (MP1 chlorine dioxide tablets are not available and appa...

In GEAR » Katadyn Micropur Users
January 20, 4:24pm

When a Bag is Better than a Quilt
Nunatak quilts drape around the body almost all around as you can clearly see in the picture of the bottom side. This is good. It surrounds the sleeper with down still saving the contact points at ...

In GEAR » When a Bag is Better than a Quilt
January 18, 6:49am

sleeping shirt
I'd add to all the good advise above that it's important to keep a separate sleeping shirt. It helps keeping your bag as clean as possible which is particularly important in such a long tri...

In GEAR » Upper layering System-thoughts?
January 17, 10:49am

Re: Hands
I don't think it does significantly unless you apply pressure. What happens here is you're reducing the surface area of your hand which is good to minimize heat loss. The finger part has...

In Philosophy & Technique » "I did not know how to stay warm when it was cold"
January 17, 10:22am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am