Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 301 - 310 of 365 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Forum » Thread

sleeping shirt
I'd add to all the good advise above that it's important to keep a separate sleeping shirt. It helps keeping your bag as clean as possible which is particularly important in such a long tri...

In GEAR » Upper layering System-thoughts?
January 17, 10:49am

Re: Hands
I don't think it does significantly unless you apply pressure. What happens here is you're reducing the surface area of your hand which is good to minimize heat loss. The finger part has...

In Philosophy & Technique » "I did not know how to stay warm when it was cold"
January 17, 10:22am

hands
most of you probably know this already but just in case, a very good hand warming technique is swinging your arms vigorously so your hands go in a semi-circle. Up and down is better than left to ri...

In Philosophy & Technique » "I did not know how to stay warm when it was cold"
January 17, 7:14am

pct thru: lightweight, durable and frameless
I went frameless on the PCT and not particularly UL. Base weight was 10.6 lbs., max was 43 lbs. out of Kennedy Meadows with 12 days and lots of snow ahead. I used a Granite Gear Virga which became ...

In GEAR » PCT pack choice
January 15, 5:01pm

Purogene: Possible Aqua Mira Replacement?
> the 4x higher potency found in solids (such as Micropur) I don't know about the chemistry going on but this sounds so odd when the chemical is the same. Anyway... about the packaging...

In GEAR » Purogene: Possible Aqua Mira Replacement?
January 14, 6:47am

Purogene: Possible Aqua Mira Replacement?
> Chlorine dioxide -- the active ingredient -- is more potent in the solid Micropur than in liquid A.M. interesting. Do we know a reason for this? > Your best bet may be to try out all ...

In GEAR » Purogene: Possible Aqua Mira Replacement?
January 11, 6:40am

a comment on the guidebook maps
the guidebook maps look awful but they're much better than they look like. Once I got used to the spartan, black & white representation, I wouldn't think about it anymore and just read ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mapping software
December 28, 7:02am

cheapest silnylon
> where is the cheapest place to get si-nylon you mentioned? it used to be Noah Lamport http://www.noahlamport.com ordering may not be as straightforward as the most typical sites for m...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO tent for mountain bike overnighter
December 17, 4:01pm

Re: MYO tent for mountain bike overnighter
I've used a simple, flat tarp with beaks when bicycle touring. It's the same tarp I've used backpacking. I just used the bike as a vertical support, placed outside the tarp, just like I...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO tent for mountain bike overnighter
December 17, 7:04am

Re: Re: bivy.
> Night sky radiation typically takes about five thin layers of absorption and reradiating to be effectively nullified. Sleeping under a tree is the best way to reduce night sky radiation, a dou...

In GEAR » soggy bivy nights?
November 29, 6:53am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am