Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Inaki Diaz de Etura (inaki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Iberia highlands
About Me Inaki Diaz de Etura has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.viajarapie.info

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 301 - 310 of 357 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Forum » Thread

Re: MYO tent for mountain bike overnighter
I've used a simple, flat tarp with beaks when bicycle touring. It's the same tarp I've used backpacking. I just used the bike as a vertical support, placed outside the tarp, just like I...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYO tent for mountain bike overnighter
December 17, 7:04am

Re: Re: bivy.
> Night sky radiation typically takes about five thin layers of absorption and reradiating to be effectively nullified. Sleeping under a tree is the best way to reduce night sky radiation, a dou...

In GEAR » soggy bivy nights?
November 29, 6:53am

Re: Quilt users - headgear?
two relevant things about night-time headwear for quilt users: - try to re-use what you already have anyway. - be able to create a non-interrupted layer of insulation around head and neck, li...

In GEAR » Quilt users - headgear?
November 15, 6:35am

Re: Cuben products
> You have to seal the seams for strength, how do you seal the seams for cuben? you seal them just for strength or also waterproofness?

In GEAR » New Bozeman Mountain Works Oware Cuben Alphamini shelter!
October 19, 4:25pm

re: umbrellas
another advantage for umbrellas is you can have welcome shelter for things like checking a guidebook or taking a picture. I'd use to almost skip taking pictures in rainy days until I started us...

In GEAR » The Pros and Cons of Backpacking Umbrellas
October 01, 6:56am

another advantage for umbrellas is you can have welcome shelter for things like checking a guidebook or taking a picture. I'd use to almost skip taking pictures in rainy days until I started us...

October 01, 6:46am

October 01, 6:46am

weight may not be that important
for an item you're bound to wear all the time as it'll be the case with those pants weight is not so important. The heavy Prana pants won't affect your base weight figures :) But ser...

In GEAR » Pants & Fall/Winter layering: A New Winter Hiker Needs (Even More) Advice
September 27, 7:49am

Re: Warmth, weight and loft
Harold, your previous explanation was fine and your conclusion seemed logical to me. I know I may be missing something as I don't fully know the meaning of these K value or the units involved (...

In GEAR » What's the benefit of synthetic?
September 26, 11:33am

Warmth, weight and loft
so if I've understood right, Richard, what you're saying is a given amount (weight) of down per volume unit is more thermally efficient when slightly compressed (by baffle height limit) tha...

In GEAR » What's the benefit of synthetic?
September 26, 8:33am

All Reader Reviews by Inaki Diaz de Etura

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite Hex 3
Not a full review but just a small addition on what's already been said regarding winter use. While skis make for wonderful stakes on deep snow, unfortunately the tie out loops at the end of the 6 mai...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 18, 7:47am

Nunatak Arc Ghost
I was torn between Ghost and Alpinist before ordering and eventually ordered something in between, quite like the former X from BMW. It has the loft of the Ghost with the dimensions of the Alpinist an...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 05, 11:08am