BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 301 - 310 of 399 | Page: 1 ...21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Forum » Thread

weights
I know this is a light site, but this project was more for function. the only scale I have is an old food scale, so the weights are the best I could come up with. I think we have a better scale at ...

In Make Your Own Gear » sub zero glove system
December 23, 4:47am

rain mitt
OH, I forgot...the rain shells are standard sil nylon. It was really an afterthought. The pattern didn't have an XL, so we freehanded it. They really look ridiculously huge, but if there is a c...

December 22, 9:18pm

mods
Hi Ken, I've been on one trip. Lows in low teens. Gloves worked great. Even when I knew my hands were perspiring from high energy hiking, they were dry. The moisture moved out and away from ...

December 22, 8:57am

sub zero glove system
After being disappointed last year at my supposedly breathable mitten shells wetting out at high exertion, I decided to sew my own. Using suggestions from my hiking buddies that do this more than I...

December 22, 7:18am

3-4 layer
I use a 3-4 layer system - depending on the temps. Base - fingerless wool mid - fleece mitt mid - larger fleece mitt shell - homemade mitten shell - totally breathable after wetting out a...

In GEAR » Insulating mitts/gloves?
December 21, 8:50pm

try the cold avenger?
Try this: http://www.talusoutdoor.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=8&category_id=1 It is made out of medical-grade plastic and is suppose t...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Snorkel
December 21, 8:26pm

sides
Hi David, Yes, they have used those for years and they work great, they are very slippery, but they do get torn in thick brush as they are very thin and it takes one sled cut in half lengthwise ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bush-Worthy Pulk
December 21, 11:34am

sides
The sides are 1/32 hdpe plastic. You can get it from mcmaster-carr or USA Plastics. The problem is shipping. one of the guys I hike with has a travelling job and picked it up at the factory. They w...

December 21, 10:49am

Bush-Worthy Pulk
There seems to be some interest on this forum on pulk building (four pages of responses to a question posed about the "best" sled to use in construction) This is not a typical ultra...

December 21, 8:43am

consider a trade for a medium
I have a crescent 75 large torso, older model...been on 5 trips. mostly 3 day search and rescue base camp style.. set up camp and bear hang it, while using the detachable daypack. Dave

In Gear Swap » WTB
December 19, 7:04pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am