Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tjaard Breeuwer (Tjaard) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Minnesota, USA
About Me I like to get out and camp, but I don't like a heavy pack on my back. I love hiking, mtb-packing, xc skiing and ice skate touring.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 301 - 310 of 389 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Forum » Thread

Re: warranty should be no more than that!
Eric said: "i would personally never buy an UL rain jacket which didnt have a no questions asked warranty ... or any other rain jacket for that matter ... buying from REI/MEC solves that is...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Waterproof-Breathable Jackets: 2012 State of the Market Report
March 14, 1:34pm

Durability on seam tape edge
Durability of the fabric on it's own seems fine, I have wiped out in ultralight windshirts on the bike with little or no tearing. But what about seam taping/welding? About 12 yrs ago Mtn ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Waterproof-Breathable Jackets: 2012 State of the Market Report
March 14, 12:55pm

Samsung too
As I was looking I found out Samsung has a system too. 18-200mm OIS, 576g, 105mm NX10 353g Total weight: 929g So a bit on the porky side, only an ounce or two less than the DSLR system wi...

In GEAR » Once more into the breach, which camera system?
March 14, 10:20am

yes, but..
Yes when it's windy, and that can be very light breeze in cooler conditions 2 when the bugs are out 3 when it's snowing/misting and I am active, if I wear a waterproof garment I will swea...

In GEAR » Wind Shirt
March 13, 9:02pm

system weights
So just to get a rough idea of size and weight here are the empty body weights and lens weight for lens(systems)giving 28-250mm (35mm equiv) focal lengths. The Sony Bodies are thinner than the Oly...

In Photography » Decisions Decisions... m4/3 vs NEX
March 13, 8:14am

sizes smizes
Indeed, get all the other stuff first then get the backpack that fits it. There is also no way of knowing how big a pack is untill you fill it, as listed volumes are very unreliable. Get the new...

In GEAR » new to backpacking. how big of a pack do I need?
March 12, 7:01pm

Just the body and lens weight
So the suggestions seem to be the NEX system or the micro 4/3 system. The fixed lens cams I looked all missed the longer focal length requirement. (Or not?) So just to get a rough idea of siz...

March 12, 1:25pm

No, the viewfinder that is available for the NEX-5N is an electronic one, supposedly similar to the built in one on the Nex-7. Hence the $350 price tag, but it is reviewed very well. It does not wo...

March 11, 1:55pm

Nex 5N
Thanks for the info and weights Mark. The new Nex5N does come with the flash, and it can take the optional OLED viewfinder, pricy at $350, but still less than the NEX 7 and it gives you the option...

March 11, 8:46am

The background for this quest is that I got a entry level level DSLR and superzoom two years ago. On vacation and most of the time, I don't use it as an SLR at all. I don't change lenses an...

March 10, 7:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Tjaard Breeuwer

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Goosefeet gear Custom down parka
This review is for a custom down parka from Goosefeet gear. Par...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
April 14, 10:24am

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Quality: The sewing is very neatly done, I have not looked super close at the fabric but from a casual glance I don't see any blemishes. Nice soft hand. Fit: I have a 6'6&qu...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
September 17, 12:30pm

Golite Hex 3
I was surprised to see we fit comfortably with our family of 4, while using the nest. By hanging it from a line between two trees, we have room for a double bag in the center and no pole to be knocke...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
April 06, 9:33pm

L.L. Bean Ultralight 850 Down Jacket
I returned the L tall I had ordered, as the sleeves were too short. I ended up with a Montbell in XL which had longer sleeves and was no more baggy than the L tall LL Bean.

March 08, 9:26pm

Montbell Down inner pants
As mentioned these are a nice and light pair of warm pants. Sorry for the exclamation marks but I have never found stock pants like this! The great news with these is that they fit very slim for...

March 02, 11:36am

mont-bell Thermawrap Parka & Pants
I got the womens size S for my daughter, who wears size 6(yr old) kids clothes normally. The lightest hooded kids parka I could find was the Marmot Amadablam. This is lighter, longer in the waist ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
February 20, 9:08pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
The design is poor, with a crummy hood that doesn't cover my chin and no bill, short sleeves and body, wide opening at the waist and no articulation anywhere. Wimpy rainflap over a very porous zip...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 16, 8:48pm

Cioch Direct /Paramo custom
I have a Cioch Direct Glamaigh and can only echo the previous comments: It is as breathable as an uncoated windshell,but the liner makes it as warm as a windshell with light fleece underneath. So ...

In Clothing - Raingear
February 15, 9:04am