Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 301 - 310 of 538 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ...54

Forum » Thread

"Top bags with the pad inside them have to have this problem."
Why suffer with this admitted "problem" when you don't even save weight? Western Mountaineering SummerLite 19oz $300 Marmot Hydrogen 21oz $309 Montbell Super Stretch Down Hugger ...

In GEAR » no insulation required under the legs?
June 23, 5:59pm

Quilt plus Top = Tilt?
Your body cover seems to be a combination of a Quilt and a Top. A Tilt? A Quop? My only experience is with the Big Agnes bags, which use a full-length pad, and with those bags it is very difficul...

June 21, 9:44pm

Mummy's quilt vs top bag
David: "I think top bags may only make sense for those freaks of nature who sleep like an Egyptian mummy all night long... LOL." Roger: "If you think of and clutch at your quilt lik...

June 21, 11:43am

Re: Re: Top Bag
Preach it, brother Michael! To me, when I cram a pad into a top bag, it's like stringing a bow. Very un-natural feel.

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Top Bag AR Review
June 03, 8:43pm

Rab Top Bag
Re: "One way to reduce weight in a sleeping system is to use a top bag or quilt." Really? Why then does the SummerLite weigh 1 and 1/2 ounces less?

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Top Bag AR Review
June 03, 8:00pm

A delicate issue...
Re: "...wipe to clean in the morning, then apply the PJ to known chaffing areas." (Posted on 5-15-08) What is "PJ," Peanut butter and Jam?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A delicate issue ...
May 31, 10:49pm

Re: Re: Arc AT vs pants
My gut feeling is that you are absolutely correct. My analytical brain (such as it is) says that the logical reason is that booties use a lot of fabric, plus a foot bed, to cover skin area that is...

In GEAR » Warmth: Arc AT vs BMW Cocoon pants
May 28, 11:21pm

Arc AT vs pants
Would the following be worth weighing as an option, to pair with the pants? (I have no financial interest in Nunatak.) “We wanted a warm, ultralight way to get out of sweaty hiking boots when t...

May 28, 9:44pm

Arc AT vs pants
Will you need more sleeping footwear with the pants than you would with the Arc AT?

May 28, 6:02pm

2 am and you have to go
I do, but I run backwards so as not to run into the stream.

In Chaff » 2 am and you have to go
May 17, 9:25pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm