BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 301 - 310 of 653 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Handle the Camera with lens
Hey Greg. Keep in mind that handling is subjective. A bit like: backpack X fits better than backpack Y. Also the handling of 4/3 lenses v. SLR lenses v. Rangefinder lenses are all a bit different. ...

In Photography » UL BP & DSLR
June 12, 1:57pm

Re: Re: Re: D90 to Mirrorless?
Good eye Paul; those Trinity Alps photos were indeed from the Stuart Fork area. That trip was last year with a great group of BPL members, I plan to return this fall. The lake was either Emerald...

June 12, 1:00pm

Side Sleepers and Quilts
...seem to go hand in hand. That's the main reason I use quilts, much more comfortable for a side sleeper (at least IMO). I keep one side of the quilt tucked under, if I roll over in my sleep.....

In GEAR » To quilt or not to quilt?
June 12, 9:02am

Re: SMD Lunar Duo Rain Sag
^ What Kevin said. This is the easiest way adjust for (any kind of) sag. Although I usually only make my poles a couple inches longer than needed. The Lunar Duo does have a rather large sail-lik...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
June 12, 8:56am

Holy Smokes!
Pun intended. Wow, the smoke over that nearby ridge is scary stuff. My adrenaline would have been pumping at that point, I'd probably set a personal best for breaking down camp and high tail...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fire on the mountain, run boys, run!
June 11, 9:47pm

Samyang 8mm Fisheye
Looks like Samyang has an 8mm / f2.8 fish coming out for the NEX. 180 degree angle of view... could be a fun lens. http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/samyang-announces-the-8mm-f2-8-fisheye-for-the-n...

In Photography » Sony NEX Lens Impressions
June 11, 9:37pm

Re: D90 to Mirrorless?
Hey Paul. I'm going to guess you might be the same "Paul" that left a comment on my blog post regarding D90 vs. 5N. Not sure if you saw my reply there (just a few days ago)... in any ...

June 11, 8:59pm

Re: Re: First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
Hey Don. I've had a FA down sweater for a couple of years and it's been great. I was kind of hoping someone here might have tried one of these and seen the thread, but maybe not yet. If ...

In GEAR » First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
June 11, 8:37pm

Re: Revolutionary "Whipsnake" Pack
Did Steve Climber get a new announcer? The guys voice just didn't sound quite right. DEVASTATE THE ENVIRONMENT!

In GEAR » Revolutionary "Whipsnake" Pack
June 11, 8:35pm

First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
Have any of you BPL'ers given one of these bags a shot? I noticed them in a catalog not too long ago and have been a little curious. Compared to, say a WM Ultralite, they are about 7 oz heavier...

In GEAR » First Ascent Karakoram bags... what's the good word?
June 10, 2:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am