BPL Community Profile

Larry De La Briandais (Hitech) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Larry De La Briandais has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 301 - 310 of 518 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ...52

Forum » Thread

Windbreakers
The ones I have at home APPEAR to be woven nylon (the old ones were) and weight 10-11 oz. It still seems to me that wind shirts are simply more form fitting versions. But, I've never seen on ...

In GEAR » School me on wind shirts...
January 19, 4:21pm

Windbreaker
Am I missing something, or aren't these lighter and more form fitting versions of what we use to call windbreakers?!?

In GEAR » School me on wind shirts...
January 19, 4:08pm

Postings
I prefer that Jim's stove posts stay here. The material is relevant to this forum. He simply doesn't repost what he wrote on his own site. And, it should be obvious that is what the post...

In GEAR » The MSRatauk SuperGnat (Gaz *and* Threaded!)
January 16, 12:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Titanium Fuel Bottle
"So anything too small requires excess metal in addition to its requirements as a pressure vessel." >"I wonder how a very thin titanium tank with an aluminum outer would work.....

In GEAR » 100% Propane For Backpacking
January 16, 11:43am

Re: Re: Titanium Fuel Bottle
The structure of the paintball tanks is WAY overkill for propane. The working pressure of those tanks is either 3000 psi or 4500 psi. Way over propane. Now, taking the same overwrap technology...

In GEAR » 100% Propane For Backpacking
January 15, 11:18am

Cheap knockoffs
What I would be worried about are the cheap knockoffs. What do they use for the hose? I would worry that their hose could get brittle if used for liquid feed. Even if it didn't burst, it cou...

In GEAR » Preheat tube run up centre of burner column ?
January 13, 10:53am

Monkey wrench...
Just to throw a monkey wrench into this discussion (since I've enjoyed it thus far)... The remote tubing is typically not made of the same material as the canisters, it is typically a plasti...

In GEAR » Preheat tube run up centre of burner column ?
January 12, 3:15pm

Flow rates
Hum... My flow rate is much higher. With the "dirty" bag on my shoulder and the clean bottle waist high I filtered 1 liter in 1 minute 30 seconds.

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter for AT Thru-Hike
January 12, 1:52pm

Re: Sawyer Squeeze Filter for AT Thru-Hike
BTW, I used the gravity version to filter 20+ gallons over 4 days. The water source was a clear mountain stream in the Sierras, but that same water would have plugged my MST sweetwater prefilter (...

In GEAR » Sawyer Squeeze Filter for AT Thru-Hike
January 11, 1:33pm

Brunton
I use to be able to get the Brunton 8 oz canisters at Sports Authority (or Chalet, can't remember which at the moment) for $3.50. I went to get some just before labor day this year and they no...

In GEAR » Fuel Price Survey Results (as of Dec 2011)
January 04, 2:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry De La Briandais

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
I purchased the Vargo canister stove from them at a GREAT price. They had such a run on sales because of the low price that is was sold out. They left me a personal phone message letting me know tha...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 07, 3:07pm