BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 301 - 310 of 365 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Forum » Thread

water
Dale said: "I have fussed over the water-carrying part for a pocket kit... What have you seen that works?" Here's my solution. It has done great in my testing and those at www....

In GEAR » Survival Equipment
October 29, 4:11pm

survival
It's kinda nice to see this thread on a site where most won't carry a knife bigger than a razor blade. The kind of situation you describe is exactly what happened to this guy: http://www...

In GEAR » Survival Equipment
October 28, 2:40pm

socks
I have been using DeFeet Air-e-ators for years with great results. They are durable, thinny-thin (ala Clelland!), never hurt my feet, and the black color speeds drying in the field. Lightweight too.

In GEAR » Thin Socks
October 28, 2:28pm

lynx
Dave "Lynx of the Winter" Adair for the win! :)

In GEAR » nesting mcdonald's McCafe cups to make a double walled insulated mug?
October 27, 8:21am

search
> A search here might yield some good info Whoops, my bad. For a long time the search function wouldn't work for me but it seems to be functional now. Sorry, I'm usually pretty good...

In GEAR » best options for extending a sleeping bag's cold weather performance?
October 26, 3:31pm

best options for extending a sleeping bag's cold weather performance?
I have a Western Mountaineering 'Caribou' down bag. It is a sewn-thru design and is rated to 35 degF. What are some field-verified ways to make use of a bag in weather cooler than it'...

In GEAR » best options for extending a sleeping bag's cold weather performance?
October 26, 2:01pm

OWare
Great to hear from you David! The tarp was a joy to work with. Yes, despite my complaining about condensation, the outside surface of the tarp was loaded with frost by morning, which would have s...

In GEAR » wow, it's hard to prevent condensation under a tarp
October 26, 12:53pm

?
Acronym said: "I rarely have trouble with condensation now." How do you achieve this in dry, cold, clear weather, beyond site selection?

October 26, 12:17pm

enlightening!
Excellent info, thanks folks. That article explained the parameters I camped in perfectly: little wind, dry air, open view to the sky, etc. It is quite interesting to note that the maxim "gr...

October 26, 12:14pm

grass
Great point Franco, I hadn't considered ground moisture. I suppose the only fix is a larger groundsheet, though I expect it would gather more spray in a rainstorm.

October 25, 9:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.