Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 301 - 310 of 412 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

<>
whoops, disregard; sorry

In Gear Swap » FS: Garmin eTrex Vista HCx GPS (high sensitivity)
November 23, 8:36am

flatter cord
Bryce, great idea but the thin guyline will be very uncomfortable. Try a line that is "flatter": take a length of standard 7-strand 550# paracord, cut off the ends, pull out the core the...

In GEAR » lightweight idea for keeping water from freezing while hiking
November 22, 12:11pm

square vs rectangle
I'd love to see more commentary on square vs. rectangular tarps & the pitches a square unit offers. The main neato setup with a square seems to be the "flying diamond". But the ...

In GEAR » "ideal" size for a solo flat tarp?
November 22, 9:32am

MEC
That's a pretty refreshing tone there from MEC, Eric. I haven't had any dealings with them so I hadn't seen their statements on these issues before. Like you, I appreciate the way the...

In GEAR » Can't figure out this Capilene thing...
November 22, 7:30am

beginner tarp
Make one (or more) out of cheap polyethylene drop cloth, either 2mil or 3mil thickness. Experiment before you buy one of sil or cuben. This has proven very useful for me.

In GEAR » "ideal" size for a solo flat tarp?
November 21, 10:41pm

china
Plenty of Patagonia gear is made in China. Just browse their site. I take every opportunity to acquire the Patagonia gear I like, especially when it yields little or no profit to them. But eac...

November 21, 10:37pm

Yvon C.
Ben, I think you misread me. I said Yvon's MISGUIDED attempt to NOT be one of the 1%, therefore he IS one of the 1%. I just get tired of Patagonia's preachiness. I appreciate and own p...

November 21, 3:02pm

fleece
Well to my reading, Bryce was asking about mid layer insulation, not base layer moisture management: "I plan on wearing a medium weight Polypros, and then a lightweight fleece... I'm tr...

November 21, 10:01am

_
Fantastic pack and details. My only concern is that the external pockets look like they would fill up with water in a heavy storm. Any drainage ports at the bottom of them?

In GEAR » My new 10 oz Zimmer Built pack.
November 20, 4:38pm

update
Small Dana Design Stillwater pack now moved to eBay, so it's no longer available on this forum.

In Gear Swap » For Sale: two Dana Design "Stillwater" Arc Flex packs
November 19, 1:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.