Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 301 - 310 of 419 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Forum » Thread

_
I love seeing Chris' stuff here. What is the advantage of the flapped fabric back pocket as opposed to the more common mesh ones?

In GEAR » Zimmerbuilt does it again (and again...)!
November 25, 9:46am

9x9
George, who made your tarp? What type of cuben was used? What's the overall weight without guylines?

In GEAR » "ideal" size for a solo flat tarp?
November 24, 11:18pm

_
I'm surprised at the popularity of the Flash 18 (10oz, 1100 in3) versus the North Face Verto 26 (11oz, 1800 in3). The Verto has more space, more substantial shoulder straps, a real lid with po...

In GEAR » What size of daypack is everyone using?
November 24, 9:10pm

_
Love the concept. Glad to see folks working new ideas. It's not just a vest... it's a serape!

In GEAR » TrailLite Designs "CloudVest"
November 24, 9:25am

_
Good point. Hopefully the new version will address weaknesses as well as adding some features. A lot of people say the super-wide shoulder straps are just too big, maybe they'll get slimmed d...

In GEAR » upcoming changes to GG's Mariposa Plus?
November 24, 7:09am

upcoming changes to GG's Mariposa Plus?
In an email exchange GG mentioned that some changes were being made to the Mariposa Plus pack, and they should be out sometime after the turn of the year. I know they're moving (slowly) toward...

In GEAR » upcoming changes to GG's Mariposa Plus?
November 23, 2:27pm

guy points
What's a good layout for square tarp guy points? Looks like having some along the centerline is important, more so than for rectangles.

November 23, 9:02am

<>
whoops, disregard; sorry

In Gear Swap » FS: Garmin eTrex Vista HCx GPS (high sensitivity)
November 23, 8:36am

flatter cord
Bryce, great idea but the thin guyline will be very uncomfortable. Try a line that is "flatter": take a length of standard 7-strand 550# paracord, cut off the ends, pull out the core the...

In GEAR » lightweight idea for keeping water from freezing while hiking
November 22, 12:11pm

square vs rectangle
I'd love to see more commentary on square vs. rectangular tarps & the pitches a square unit offers. The main neato setup with a square seems to be the "flying diamond". But the ...

November 22, 9:32am

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.