BPL Community Profile

Hamish McHamish (El_Canyon) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Hamish McHamish has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hamish McHamish

Showing 301 - 310 of 404 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Forum » Thread

_
Fantastic pack and details. My only concern is that the external pockets look like they would fill up with water in a heavy storm. Any drainage ports at the bottom of them?

In GEAR » My new 10 oz Zimmer Built pack.
November 20, 4:38pm

update
Small Dana Design Stillwater pack now moved to eBay, so it's no longer available on this forum.

In Gear Swap » For Sale: two Dana Design "Stillwater" Arc Flex packs
November 19, 1:07pm

keeping warm
Heck, I thought it was an ethical improvement to just use the possum's down, instead of the possum, to cover my hands. I must admit though that not having the entire possum on my hand improved...

In GEAR » Possum Down Gloves — Ethical Alternative?
November 17, 3:39pm

_
"its designed for circumstances when you may not be able to set up a "proper" shelter" That's a good point. I suppose a certain amount of the Blizzard's warmth r...

In GEAR » AMK Escape Bivy breathable
November 17, 3:28pm

_
I'm curious about this too, especially since when Will Rietveld reviewed the original Mariposa pack the only thing he didn't like was the straight carbon stays.

In GEAR » MLD Exodus S, Any Reviews?
November 17, 2:21pm

blizzard
The Blizzard is very interesting but it is in no way breathable. It weighs 13.5 ounces, so it's not exactly UL. The MLD Spirit quilt, size regular, is 12 ounces in the 48 deg version and 17 o...

In GEAR » AMK Escape Bivy breathable
November 17, 10:17am

bump
Bumpage; small Stillwater still available.

In Gear Swap » For Sale: two Dana Design "Stillwater" Arc Flex packs
November 17, 9:16am

more testing
As forecasted, yesterday afternoon we had a strong storm system move through. We got about 45 minutes of drenching rain with gusty winds. Since my MYOG 6x9 tarp was still pitched in the back yard...

In GEAR » "ideal" size for a solo flat tarp?
November 17, 9:15am

_
I really appreciate everyone's info, it is so helpful. Bryce, good move on using the compactor bag at one end. It's like getting a bat wing for free.

November 16, 10:16am

more testing!
Just saw the National Weather Service forecast for later today: widespread showers, numerous thunderstorms, wind 15mph, gusts to 30mph. The tarp's still up, might have to go by the house for...

November 16, 9:16am

All Reader Reviews by Hamish McHamish

Hamish McHamish has posted no reviews.