BPL Community Profile

Sumi Wada (DetroitTigerFan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Ann Arbor
About Me Sumi Wada has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sumi Wada

Showing 301 - 310 of 461 | Page: 1 ...22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ...47

Forum » Thread

My method
Hiking in the southwest often means packing out TP, limited water and no leaves, sticks or natural alternatives to TP. I've gotten used to it. This is what works for me with, really, no angst...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing Out Unsavory Detritus
December 14, 12:37pm

Re: constrction and shell material
>> if you wash your down bag too aggressively you stand a good chance of separating the internal baffles and if you dry it to hot you will cook the synthetic shell. using Inappropriate deterg...

In GEAR » Washing down... with your gym socks?
December 08, 8:15am

Washing down... with your gym socks?
I recently went to the Downlite website after seeing it mentioned as a down source here and ended up purchasing some down pillows and such for home. Prices were very good and I'm really happy ...

In GEAR » Washing down... with your gym socks?
December 08, 6:59am

Kooka Bay?
Has anyone had communication with Kooka Bay recently? Is using the 'contact us' page on their website (kookabay.com) the best/recommended method? (I don't see a phone number anywhere o...

In GEAR » Kooka Bay?
December 07, 8:34am

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run"
FYI, mule trains are mostly on the Bright Angel trail, not SK. Only some of the supply/maintenance trains use the SK; PR passenger trips all use BA up and down. There are solar toilets at Cedar...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
November 30, 9:59am

Re: Re: Re: What to do with 1 yd of silnylon?
If you're looking for a really simple project, with a yard, you could make a custom-sized pack cover and probably have enough left over for a few stuff sacks.

In Make Your Own Gear » What to do with 1 yd of silnylon?
November 30, 9:42am

Re: FF
>> For the FF bags, what do the #s represent next to the bag name (ie Merlin, Osprey, etc)? Bag girth measurements. (60/56/38) means 60" girth at the shoulders, 56" at hips, 38&q...

In GEAR » Feathered Friends vs. Western Mountaineering
November 30, 5:48am

Re: Home Down Comforter
Our favorite is a "summer" weight one that we use year-round. I don't worry about the fill count but better down (eider down, gray goose down, etc.) will cost more and, like most thi...

In GEAR » Home Down Comforter
November 29, 2:36pm

Re: Chopsticks & stuff
>> My comment about Chopsticks was why bring them when you can whittle a pair from sticks lying around in the time it takes for the water to boil. Places I like to hike don't have &quo...

In GEAR » 10 things not to buy for backpacking
November 29, 9:30am

Big FF fan here
I have the Grouse (30* bag). I've had it for a year and it's the only bag I've used all year (not a winter backpacker.) Depending on your girlfriend's size, you should consider ...

In GEAR » Feathered Friends vs. Western Mountaineering
November 29, 7:46am

All Reader Reviews by Sumi Wada

Sumi Wada has posted no reviews.