Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 301 - 310 of 383 | Page: 1 ...20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Forum » Thread

Re: zebralight!
I have the regular Zebralight H501 http://www.zebralight.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=186&zenid=1ik4ekdq6iq2ahukfclkpjlj91 It is the best backpacking light I have ever h...

In GEAR » Best flashlight
June 03, 8:22am

Re: UL Pack = Wet Back ?
I don’t like wet backs because when you stop for a break, take the pack off, whew! Instant freeze (for cooler days). For hot days, I don’t like wet backs because the sweat will run down the leg...

In GEAR » UL Pack = Wet Back ?
June 01, 2:58pm

Re: alternative to e+lite
“Any suggestions for a good alternative to the e+lite? Basically, a headlamp that is about the same weight, but that doesn't have switch issues.” The Fenix E01 ($15) or LD01 ($45). ...

In GEAR » Petzl e+ Switch Failure
May 19, 2:32pm

Re: how to patch a hole in a down bag?
I put a big L-shaped rip in my Western Mountaineering Ghost Jacket, around the left wrist--- a little over 3 years ago. I called WM and they mailed me an iron-on patch that perfectly matched my co...

In GEAR » how to patch a hole in a down bag?
May 07, 3:02pm

Re: Re: Sunnyside
“Side note: how easy is it to find yellow HEET in the summer?” Even though it’s a ‘winter’ thing, it seems pretty easy to find it all year long. I see them all the time. One of these...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Performance of Alcohol Fuels for Backpacking Stoves
Part One: Three Straight Alcohols and Alcohol Blends

May 07, 8:52am

Yankz Re: Re: Tyvek jacket? - Yanks?
I got my Yankz jacket form here a couple of years back http://www.sportshell.com/ I have 2 types of those jackets (with nice cuffs and w/o). And I also have the pants. They are a very soft tyv...

In GEAR » Tyvek jacket?
April 15, 10:11am

Re: Permathren
“How often do you have to re-apply Permathren to the clothing ? (every day, after washing, after rain, etc)” From http://www.sawyerproducts.com/faqpermethrin.htm “an application lasts fo...

In GEAR » Mosquitoes & Black Flies vs Clothing
April 03, 2:49pm

Re: Help packing up my Tarptent
“How do you pack up and put away a Tarptent Rainshadow. I had a really tough time getting it back into the stuff sack. Is there a special way of folding it?” The regular Rainshadow, that I h...

In GEAR » Help packing up my Tarptent
April 03, 2:30pm

Re: Six Moon Designs
"go with the Wild Oasis " How did you like it in the summer heat? Thanx, -Barry

In GEAR » Your Favorite 3-Season Solo Tarp Tent, Double Wall Tent or Tarp + Bivvy?
March 23, 2:33pm

Re: Set up time
“Do you think it would atleast be equivalent to the BA Seedhouse due to the face that you have to erect the fly and tent separately as opposed to the single wall design of the TTs?” I’ve n...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 vs. TT-Cloudburst
March 09, 3:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.