BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 301 - 310 of 353 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cookware for Two
“Well there's the difference. We just eat one hot meal and call it a day.” Some Mountain House meals are easily 500+ calories and we can call it a day. Or we do lighter suppers, sup...

In GEAR » Cookware for Two
January 21, 3:47pm

Re: Re: Cookware for Two
“I might ask the same as you folks!” There are several meal ideas, but here’s a generic example (we only cook fbc): 1.3L pot holds 5+ cups of water. 2C for Mountain House meal (two 10oz...

January 21, 3:23pm

Re: Cookware for Two
I do alcy-stove cooking (if you call boiling ‘cooking’) for 2-5 people with the Evernew 1.3L pot http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/evernew_ul_titanium_3.html Howbeit, 5...

January 21, 8:53am

Re: Evernew Ti 900ml or MSR titan kettle?
A lot of pros and cons here. For a couple of years, I used the evernew. It is more efficient on the whitebox. But I have gone back to the Titan Kettle that I bought 5 years ago. And here’s why...

In GEAR » Evernew Ti 900ml or MSR titan kettle?
January 20, 4:04pm

Re: Myth Busted Winter Alcohol Stoves
I too have done several 0F tests in IL. Keeping the fuel and stove in the pocket first does make it easier, but it is not required. I’ve let the stove (pepsi can style) and fuel sit outside un...

In GEAR » Myth Busted Winter Alcohol Stoves
January 16, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Shipping
“As an occasional forum / Ebay seller, I always buy package tracking (and factor it into the shipping cost) -- but not insurance.” Ben, Then how do you protect yourself from a claim of a br...

In Gear Swap » Shipping Out of the USA
January 16, 12:54pm

Re: Shipping Out of the USA
Some of my thoughts on insurance: When the Buyer pays, it’s a common courtesy that: “Sellers cannot fail to deliver an item for which payment was accepted”. This is actually an eBay* rule/...

In Gear Swap » Shipping Out of the USA
January 16, 12:02pm

Re: Alcohol STove
A good alcohol stove system should not use more than 1oz to boil 2C at 45F; otherwise the system needs some tweaking. Anyway, a good lightweight efficient alcohol setup (1.5oz for stove, windscr...

In GEAR » Alcohol STove
January 12, 1:00pm

Re: Decided on Fenix
"Fenix LD10 Q5 " I got my son one of those (I should have bought 2). It has a nicer beam than my L1D. I also got the white diffuser and it ended up making a great lantern. Just don...

In GEAR » Lumens for NightTime Hiking?
January 09, 2:25pm

Re: Lumens for NightTime Hiking?
My favorite: I like to night backpack with my fenix L1D CE, clipped to my hat bill, set at medium (40 lumens); 7 hours with 1 lithium AA. It’s hard to beat that efficiency. It’s great for ro...

In GEAR » Lumens for NightTime Hiking?
January 08, 1:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.