BPL Community Profile

paul buzzard (troop208) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale paul buzzard hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me paul buzzard has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by paul buzzard

Showing 31 - 40 of 87 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

Loaners
Great idea for scouts that cannot afford the right gear. Campmor: If you call them and set up your troop as a "certified buyer", and use a troop check, you get 10% off all gear, inclu...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Recommend Big 3 as "loaners" for Scouts
September 29, 8:31am

draft collar
Tim, The draft collar is a tube sewn into the top and bottom of the bag, with its' own cord set up, so you can fine tune it as needed. It in no way interferes with your sleeping whether in ...

In GEAR » MontBell Sleeping Bags
September 04, 6:55am

#2 vs #3
Tim, I started out with a #3, slept in it at 30 degrees, regular base layer, (no liner for me, too tangly, silk top/bottom, if you think you want liner, test one out first is my advise, make sur...

In GEAR » MontBell Sleeping Bags
September 03, 10:14am

MB #2
I have that bag, and have slept in it at 10 degrees with a light weight down coat and vest draped over me in the bag, with wool socks and hat on. Toasty warm. Best thing to do is test your set up ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need advice on a tent and a quilt for an AT thruhike
August 31, 7:06am

bag drying
If you hang or lay your bag out, and it has any chance of being windy, be sure to anchor it. This coming from someone involved in an epic chace to save my bag from crossing a big lake by itself. ...

In GEAR » down bag care tips
August 31, 6:54am

helium
i have not used Marmot bags, but have a friend who has the helium and he likes it. Meets rating easily, at least for him,and he has taken it colder with no problems. If it is seriously cheaper, pr...

In GEAR » 20 degree bag vs. 30 degree bag for 3 season use
August 18, 11:45am

20 or 30
I have been cold at night, and its' not fun. You have some good options above, and in general, a 20 usually has draft collars, maybe more beefy hood and draft tube than a 30. I vote full zip ...

In GEAR » 20 degree bag vs. 30 degree bag for 3 season use
August 17, 11:47am

adding down on the cheap
Jack, I had a very nice Eddie Bauer parka that ran into some battery acid. Not pretty. Took all the down out, sorted it, (that was slo process) and now have lots of really nice down. Hmmm wha...

In GEAR » Any companies that can add down to existing bag
July 31, 8:36am

which one
I started with the 30 degree #3 ss, test slept in it at 30, with regular base layer, wasn't warm enough. Traded back in for the #2 ss, again slept at about rated temp of 25 for that bag, same ...

In GEAR » Which SS montbell
July 10, 3:14pm

Trail
we have several trail users in our scout troop. I think it is a good durable pad. Works well for rubber boned boy scouts. For adults, maybe not. Personally, for me, the minimum TR thickness is ...

In GEAR » Thermarest Trail?
June 19, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by paul buzzard

paul buzzard has posted no reviews.