Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 31 - 40 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Pro-wool not anti-wool?
Really? Ive given a ton of facts on here why wool is superior for cold weather backpacking, particularly in cold/wet or cold/damp environments. Have you been reading all the recent wool threads --...

In GEAR » Bias in writing
December 06, 1:36pm

Pro-wool not anti-wool?
I dont need no stinking numbers ------------------------------------- If you don't need numbers you migth as well leave now, as the goal of UL backpackers is to find the "best and lightest" gear ...

December 06, 9:54am

Pro-wool not anti-wool?
You think that fancy merino wool long underwear you wear ONLY wicks and does not work as an insulating layer? LOL ------------------------------- Well, of course, everything I wear is an insulati...

December 05, 5:57pm

Pro-wool not anti-wool?
"I have been reading a lot of stuff in UL literature that denigrates trusty old wool and hypes up goose down and synthetics. There is a strong argument, implied or otherwise, in UL circles, against...

December 05, 2:31pm

I'm in... long as you don't expect long naratives. Something with several photos and supporting text would be great. Heck even, photos with captions would be fine. Here's one I did for a trip to O...

In Post-Trip Reports » Online Backpack Trip Listing
November 22, 7:41am

Re: Re: PolarGuard Delta Retail
FWIW, our wacky pal RJ (the older one) doesn't think Delta is worth the trouble if you are using it to make a quilt ( If you end up going with plain old...

In Make Your Own Gear » Materials Sourcing
October 18, 2:15pm

Sleeping pad/pack
I have (if needed) used my pad and/or pack to provide some sort of wind break around my wind-screened esbit, or alcohol, stoves. A couple of rocks/logs and your poles will easily hold your pad in ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Windscreen Dynamics and Design
June 16, 9:20am

Re: Purchasing Quick drying shoes
I bought a pair for Delerion and later Delerion Pros from for ~$50/pair. I found the shoes a bit narrow, so I went up a 0.5 larger than what I normally wear while hiking. Great thing a...

In GEAR » Purchasing Quick drying shoes
June 01, 11:13am

Poncho tarp....
Why a poncho tarp? One scenario in which we are forgetting, is one in which you will rarely need either a shelter (tarp) or rain gear (poncho). For example, it is quite common for PCT thru-...

In GEAR » Gatewood cape/mosquitos
June 01, 6:32am

Re: Tarp poles
You need 3 adjustable straps. 1 to loop between the straps of both poles, and two more to lash around the "joint" to keep it stiff. Here's a picture...

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
May 16, 11:25am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.