Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 31 - 40 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

Pro-wool not anti-wool?
Really? Ive given a ton of facts on here why wool is superior for cold weather backpacking, particularly in cold/wet or cold/damp environments. Have you been reading all the recent wool threads --...

In GEAR » Bias in writing
December 06, 1:36pm

Pro-wool not anti-wool?
I dont need no stinking numbers ------------------------------------- If you don't need numbers you migth as well leave now, as the goal of UL backpackers is to find the "best and lightest" gear ...

December 06, 9:54am

Pro-wool not anti-wool?
You think that fancy merino wool long underwear you wear ONLY wicks and does not work as an insulating layer? LOL ------------------------------- Well, of course, everything I wear is an insulati...

December 05, 5:57pm

Pro-wool not anti-wool?
"I have been reading a lot of stuff in UL literature that denigrates trusty old wool and hypes up goose down and synthetics. There is a strong argument, implied or otherwise, in UL circles, against...

December 05, 2:31pm

I'm in...
...as long as you don't expect long naratives. Something with several photos and supporting text would be great. Heck even, photos with captions would be fine. Here's one I did for a trip to O...

In Post-Trip Reports » Online Backpack Trip Listing
November 22, 7:41am

Re: Re: PolarGuard Delta Retail
FWIW, our wacky pal RJ (the older one) doesn't think Delta is worth the trouble if you are using it to make a quilt (http://www.ray-way.com/quilt/delta.shtml). If you end up going with plain old...

In Make Your Own Gear » Materials Sourcing
October 18, 2:15pm

Sleeping pad/pack
I have (if needed) used my pad and/or pack to provide some sort of wind break around my wind-screened esbit, or alcohol, stoves. A couple of rocks/logs and your poles will easily hold your pad in ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Windscreen Dynamics and Design
June 16, 9:20am

Re: Purchasing Quick drying shoes
I bought a pair for Delerion and later Delerion Pros from Zappos.com for ~$50/pair. I found the shoes a bit narrow, so I went up a 0.5 larger than what I normally wear while hiking. Great thing a...

In GEAR » Purchasing Quick drying shoes
June 01, 11:13am

Poncho tarp....
Why a poncho tarp? One scenario in which we are forgetting, is one in which you will rarely need either a shelter (tarp) or rain gear (poncho). For example, it is quite common for PCT thru-...

In GEAR » Gatewood cape/mosquitos
June 01, 6:32am

Re: Tarp poles
You need 3 adjustable straps. 1 to loop between the straps of both poles, and two more to lash around the "joint" to keep it stiff. Here's a picture... http://www.owareusa.com/images/polecon...

In Gear Lists » Philmont gear selection..
May 16, 11:25am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.