Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Armstrong (strong806) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Near the AT
About Me Going light one new piece of gear at a time.
My PDF Gear ListOHT March '08

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Armstrong

Showing 31 - 40 of 109 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Forum » Thread

Re: Big Bend, etc.
Les: I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. Joe: I did the Outer Mountain Loop in Big Bend in December and that will be the last time I do it. Carrying so much water and having to wor...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Need March 6th through 15th Hike Ideas
February 26, 11:32am

Re: Vasques
I have the Vasque Aethertech SS's and the BOA lacing is more fragile than I anticipated. My laces are still intact but I've worn numerous holes in the shoes and the plastic side panels had ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka from the Hayduke Trail
February 26, 11:22am

Re: Sub-Way Gearlist
That's a great idea for a free bag. Now you can Eat Fresh and Go Light.

In GEAR » Subway-less than 3 grams of....
February 24, 2:55pm

Re: milk
Another vote for Nido. I picked some up today. All they had was the "1 year old plus version", but I figure I'm in the plus category so it can't hurt me. I made half a cup wit...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best powdered milk?
February 24, 2:52pm

Re: Bearbagging
I can't afford any new gear right now and my current homemade bearbag setup weighs like 6 ounces. Bear bagging is probably the best. I also wanted to avoid it because I will be setting up c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Relative Odor-proofness
February 24, 2:47pm

Re: OP
You're probably right. I may be deluding myself in thinking that factory sealed foods have ANY level of odorproofness. They really have no reason to design the packaging that way. I'm ju...

February 24, 10:41am

Relative Odor-proofness
I'm thinking that energy bars or mountain house foods might be more odor proof than foods resealed in ziploc bags. Any merit to this? They may not be at all, enlighten me. I'm trying ...

February 24, 9:32am

Re: Scales
Any scales will do, but I would add that a "tare" function is very useful. This allows you to put larger containers on the scale and then zero out the weight. This is great for big items,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What I hope to achieve...
February 23, 9:41am

Re: OHT in March
Phil, After going back and forth, I have decided to thru-hike the OHT starting March 6th. If I can't make my daily mileage I will just turn around. If you want PM me with details of your...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » AR OHT in march
February 19, 4:19pm

Re: Shelters predicament
I usually get a horse trough rather than bathtub floor on the first try. I find that if I use the same steps, in order, every time I can get a better pitch.

In GEAR » Shelter predicament
February 19, 4:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Armstrong

Stuart Armstrong has posted no reviews.