BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 31 - 40 of 375 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...38

Forum » Thread

Heavy mist + down
My question: If under a rain fly/tarp/tent, is heavy mist a problem with down? Why I ask/my recent experience: Rain not predicted on my last trip so I just slept under some bug netting. Being ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Heavy mist + down
August 11, 11:22am

Re: Considering external frame
To answer your first question, yes I have gone back to an external. Well it's my first time actually, since I only got into backpacking a few years ago. I picked up 2 Jansport scouts on Crai...

In Philosophy & Technique » Considering external frame
August 11, 10:04am

Re: Re: Re: first trip with the wife
"My logical side says I should ignore that statement" Key words: "for the most part" "tend" "more" Obviously not all things are true of all people. P...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First trip for the wife
August 09, 5:14pm

Re: first trip with the wife
Well, my wife started backpacking with me, so my perspective is a little different than trying to convince her to get into it, but here are some things I can think of that are different for her tha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First trip for the wife
August 07, 3:14pm

Re: Paranoia? Good parenting? Hmmm?
Tents are for sleeping. You are being a hover parent. You are with them all day, let them have an hour before bed to be kids without the parents on top of them. It's not like you can't hear...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Paranoia? Good parenting? Hmmm?
August 07, 2:49pm

Re: New Pacific Coast Trail Record
Uh, why? "Girls 2 Boys 0" Because guys are slightly more sane then women? That's like buying a Ferrari and never taking it off of 35mph roads... Doesn't make sense, nor does ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Pacific Coast Trail Record
August 07, 2:31pm

Re: Cuben groundsheet for Hexamid Twin
Use it as a pack cover, and get rid of your pack liner(or cover)?

In Multiple Use Gear » Cuben groundsheet for Hexamid Twin
August 06, 9:08pm

Re: What is your favorite UL solo alcohol cook system?
I know you asked for alcohol, but can I convince you otherwise? If just freezer bag cooking, you can get water boiling for less weight with esbit. Lower fuel weight per day, and my modified Caldera...

In GEAR » What is your favorite UL solo alcohol cook system?
August 06, 5:03pm

swing and miss...
I like that someone is trying to bring back the externals, but disappointed that they seemed to have failed so miserably. Frame looks poorly designed, and the pack bag looks like an internal frame ...

In GEAR » Vargo Ti Arc External Frame Backpack...Thoughts?
August 06, 4:52pm

Thanks!
I love you guys! No, really, I do! I'm getting excited just thinking about it! I sure hope it works out that I can go. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you have there Be...

In Fishing » Golden Trout suggestions?
July 17, 8:47am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.