Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Shawn Taylor (staylor310) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sierra
About Me Shawn Taylor has not added a biography yet.
StateCA
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Shawn Taylor

Showing 31 - 40 of 67 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum » Thread

Winter Hike Recommendations
Does anyone have any recommendations for early winter trips in the Southern Sierra's? We're looking for something in the 20-40 mile range. We are willing to use snowshoes, but we do not w...

In Winter Hiking » Winter Hike Recommendations
September 13, 1:49pm

Re: help me! september in the sierras
That kind of mileage gives you a lot of options. I would probably do the last 100 miles of the JMT. You would be starting at a trailhead in the Bishop / Rock Creek vicinity and finishing in Yosem...

In Post-Trip Reports » help me! september in the sierras
September 02, 3:40pm

Re: I don't get wind shirts
Eric I own the Zealot, but have had minimal use with it. I am an advocate for the use of wind shirts. I have the Golite Wisp Shirt, which I always carry. There are so many varying conditions w...

In Philosophy & Technique » I don't get wind shirts
September 02, 3:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Interesting project
I get it, but I have never seen anything like that done. An irregular circle would be even better, it would make for a more fluid connection of the quilt body and the footbox. The best way to do ...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL Quilt Project Finished!
August 26, 3:19pm

Re: Interesting project
If you can use a sewing machine, it is pretty easy. It is a trapezoidal design, just like a Nunatak or Cocoon quilt. The width should taper from top to bottom based on your size and preference. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL Quilt Project Finished!
August 26, 8:32am

Re: Fabric Comparisons
There is some good comparison info here. http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/fabric.php

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric Comparisons
August 18, 5:27pm

Atlas Race Snow Shoes
Anyone know where you can still buy Atlas Race snowshoes? The seem to be out of stock everywhere, but still on the Atlas site.

In GEAR » Atlas Race Snow Shoes
August 08, 11:27am

Re: MLD Poncho Tarp w/ serenity shelter
If you don't already own the Serenity shelter, I would consider the MLD Bug Bivy instead. I have the MLD Poncho, and use it with the MLD Superlight bivy. I think you could clip the Serenity...

In GEAR » MLD Poncho Tarp w/ serenity shelter
August 08, 11:26am

Re: First timer doing Rae Lakes Loop in Kings Canyon
I'll be there on the weekend of the 15th of this month, maybe we'll cross paths. I'm not doing the Rae Lakes Loop, I'm doing a loop from the eastern side which puts me at Rae Lakes...

In GEAR » First timer doing Rae Lakes Loop in Kings Canyon
August 06, 9:13am

WTB: Cocoon Hoody or Pullover
WTB: Cocoon Hoody or Pullover Size L

In Gear Swap » WTB: Cocoon Hoody or Pullover
August 05, 4:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Shawn Taylor

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Wisp
The Golite Wisp Shirt is in my top 5 favorite pieces of gear. It is one of the lightest wind shirts available. I use this shirt in summer trips where temps don't drop below 50, and I have used o...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 02, 2:38pm

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
I love this stove for use with pots 20 fl. oz. and under. It supports most pots well. My favorite cook system, when I'm cooking only for myself, is- The Esbit wing, 600ml Evernew mug, homemade a...

In Stoves - Other
July 02, 2:25pm

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
I have to give this pack a 5 because of the weight (4oz). I will however give it some constructive criticism- I would prefer a wrapping front pocket, which comes around to the sides, and provides ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
July 02, 12:15pm

Light My Fire Spork
Mine broke too. The 3 in 1 design is nice, but it breaks easily and does not fit in most cook pots. The folding Ti-Spork is much better.

In Cookware - Other
March 08, 4:09pm