Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Bill Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Segraves

Showing 31 - 40 of 263 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...27

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
""So 20-30 meq/L (Na+) means 1150-1750 mg/L (NaCl)" "OK. If you say so. "But This Site says 20meq/L is only 460 mg." Ralph included the Chloride in the weight...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Electrolyte needs and real food
November 16, 8:57pm

Re: Re: Electrolyte needs and real food
Apologies for not making it explicit that I'd done the mEq conversion before comparing sources with standards. The 30 mEq of Na/L is ~ 700 mg/L, and the 5 mEq of K/L is ~ 60 mg/L. To get 3L wor...

November 16, 8:52pm

Electrolyte needs and real food
Moving a discussion from "General" to here while starting new thread. (Thanks to OP for not complaining that his thread had been hijacked and to Dave for reminding that we'd strayed.)...

November 16, 6:52pm

Re: Re: Water Strategy
"As I understand it you are suggesting that all one needs to stay hydrated with adequate electrolytes is eat properly constituted gorp and drink adequate water. Is that correct? Care to offer ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Water Strategy
November 16, 5:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Water Strategy
Dave, if you're willing to share the details of what you eat while backpacking and how many Nuun tablets per day you use, it'd be interesting to try to identify the dietary gaps that the ta...

November 16, 9:24am

Re: Re: Water Strategy
The point of my question was to stimulate direct comparison of the electrolytes in Gatorade, for instance, with what you can get from eating real food such as raisins. If Gatorade is preventing ...

November 16, 7:14am

potassium and cramps
Which will be more likely to prevent cramps? 1) 12 oz of Gatorade thirst quencher 2) 12 oz of water and an ounce of raisins (~ same # of calories as the gatorade) And most importantly, why...

November 15, 2:46pm

Re: Why is this forum so inactive?
IMO, Mitch and Katherine hit the two key nails right on the head. "I think part of it is that there's not much to discuss about SUL that isn't relevant to regular ULers." As...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Why is this forum so inactive?
November 15, 8:38am

Re: Water Strategy
As others have suggested, you need to know your own needs. I'm late to the party, but a few suggestions: 1) Learn to monitor your hydration level. There are a lot of good online resource...

November 15, 7:28am

Re: Re: Re: New: Arch Support Question
"simply building foot muscles will be adequate for correcting biomechanical faults." What would you consider the best references to publications with controlled studies demonstrating e...

In GEAR » Yet another shoe question
November 04, 6:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Segraves

Bill Segraves has posted no reviews.