BPL Community Profile

William Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale William Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me William Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Segraves

Showing 31 - 40 of 223 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...23

Forum » Thread

Re: Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
I think you basically have it right, but it may be worth considering how weight is carried separately from questions as to how your body can use water, and looking at the issues under a range of co...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 22, 6:25am

Re: Re: Re: Re: re: Giardia
"I note the interesting figure you quote from NOLS of '0.26 per 1000 program days'. Seems to me that is a lot less than 3.8%, however you define the conditions. That said, I think it b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
January 12, 9:27am

Re: SUL Backpacks
IMO, the question of what works well as an SUL backpack reveals one of the weaknesses of trying to categorize things as XUL, SUL, UL, etc as a function of base weight (the subject of a sometimes he...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL Backpacks
January 12, 8:55am

Re: Geko
Mine was a 201. I had laid in waypoints for a mountainous unmarked/unmaintained/not so clear even when you're on it/through-the-trees route. The 201 that had worked fine in my backyard was not...

In Gear Deals » Best GPS: Garmin Geko - Only $29
January 04, 6:59pm

Re: Baselayer to sleep
IMO, you have a lot of reasonable options. Which ones are best depend on desired insulation, fabric feel, odor control, drying speed, and durability (wrt laundering and/or potential daytime use). ...

In GEAR » Baselayer to sleep
January 04, 2:56pm

Re: Re: Dried Kim Chee
Don't do it! Once you've tried it, you'll never be able to pass by the display again. And if you're like me, you won't be able to plan on using it as an ingredient. In my foo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dried Kim Chee
January 04, 2:33pm

Re: Juicer + Dehydrator
Interesting idea. But for what it's worth, I'm inclined to think you may be at least as well off, and maybe better, just drying the fruits and vegetables for trail consumption. Or if you w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Juicer + Dehydrator
January 04, 2:30pm

Re: Best GPS: Garmin Geko - Only $29
Hi Dan, Have you used Geko in a wide range of conditions? I bought a used one a few years ago for the kinds of limited uses you describe, but had such a hard time locking on to a signal when I ...

In Gear Deals » Best GPS: Garmin Geko - Only $29
January 04, 2:23pm

Re: I had one
Thanks, Paul. Do you know what they sent you? (And presumably what they're selling, if the 19 oz is the correct info, instead of the 14 oz.) Not obvious to me what NeoAir would be 18-19 oz. Ca...

In Gear Deals » Therm A Rest NeoAir regular - $70 @ campsaver.com
December 28, 8:42pm

Re: Family Affair
Thanks again, Max. They arrived and they are indeed awesome. Happy holidays! Cheers, Bill

In Gear Swap » PIF: Kuhl Hiking Pants, Size 32 x 34
December 22, 4:03pm

All Reader Reviews by William Segraves

William Segraves has posted no reviews.