Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 31 - 40 of 484 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...49

Forum » Thread

How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
3. Two for hiking, rotating after washing the worn one daily. One pair dedicated for sleeping until the final day or two. I like to keep my feet as clean as possible and will rinse and air dry them...

In GEAR » How Many Pairs of Socks Do You Carry?
February 18, 8:40pm

Experiences with Eastern Sierra Long-Distance Shuttle Services?
I'll second what Tom said. I think his 'quoted' price is intended to be the 'actual' price. I do think he'd appreciate any tips he did get however if you feel it's warra...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Experiences with Eastern Sierra Long-Distance Shuttle Services?
February 10, 7:04pm

Experiences with Eastern Sierra Long-Distance Shuttle Services?
Another vote for Paul at East Side Sierra! Price-wise, he is much lower than the others when I have got quotes from him. He is very knowledgeable on topics related to the Sierras, and is a pretty t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Experiences with Eastern Sierra Long-Distance Shuttle Services?
February 09, 8:49pm

Bear can in an Arc Blast?
Thanks Mark! Nice Gargoyle ya got there;) ! I would probably be a bit worried about wear on that crossbar from the can as well. I put a piece of duct tape on the inward curved part of the Exos a...

In GEAR » Bear can in an Arc Blast?
February 09, 5:26pm

Bear can in an Arc Blast?
Hi Mark. That would be great if you took a picture! There seems to be a lot of interest in the Arcblast and the Bearikade combo. Almost all of my hiking is in the Sierras, and my Bearikade is a way...

In GEAR » Bear can in an Arc Blast?
February 09, 4:32pm

How did I get so heavy? Late Aug JMT solo
Hi Jennifer. Best of luck on your JMT hike this summer! I will be heading out to do it this year as well, only a bit earlier. I have just a couple of comments on your list: Give your new Zimmerbui...

In Gear Lists » How did I get so heavy? Late Aug JMT solo
February 09, 4:15pm

Big SEKI Loop
In an attempt to keep the initial thread going...this would make an awesome trip for people who want a good taste of SEKI!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Big SEKI loop 2014
February 04, 6:20pm

JMT Permit Process
I think you are right about that paragraph being intended for Half-Dome hikers, not JMT through hikers. I have got the Happy Isles to LYV, JMT, Whitney Portal Exit permit and was told that year tha...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT Permit Process
February 04, 3:00pm

Big SEKI 2014
Bob, I'm not sure why you're being an ass about it. I was unaware of Amy's trip report until I saw Arts post right above mine in this thread! Take a look at the dates and times of his p...

February 04, 2:17pm

Big SEKI loop 2014
Jon, what a great b-day present! I think you will love this route! Very cool scenery, with the lone exception being a few miles in Kern Canyon. If you can, try and time the Kern Hot Springs as a ca...

February 04, 2:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm