BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 31 - 40 of 1561 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...157

Forum » Thread

Argon silnylon - Detailed Analysis Report
I was in a hurry the first time I tested Argon silnylon and only tested a single spot one time. Today I took the time to analyze the fabric according to the standard's protocol; I am now less t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 14, 7:08pm

Re: Re : Re: Black Diamond Alpine Start Hoody vs Arc'teryx Squamish
Matthieu, Dave is a hunter and so I believe he tested the 2013 Metacam color version of the WT 1.0. This is a MUCH better windshirt for aerobic activities than the optional 2014 Coyote color WT ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Black Diamond Alpine Start Hoody review
April 14, 2:21pm

Re: stats
folec, Patagonia never discloses air permeability information. I posted this information at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=87...

April 13, 4:42pm

Re: Softshell like Patagonia windshirt
folec, You described the Houdini Special Edition that Patagonia last made in 2012. It was part of their MARS US Special Forces line. It has the same air permeability as the '08-'12 stand...

April 11, 11:00pm

test
This is normal text - and this is bold text. and this is normal text again.

In User Test Forum » test
April 08, 1:33pm

False-Windshirts aren't anywhere close to the breathability of a softshell
Brian, You said that "Windshirts aren't anywhere close to the breathability of a soft-shell." There are windshirts available with air permeability near hard shells to those equal t...

In GEAR » Advice for a hardshell for early spring and late fall.
April 07, 5:36pm

Argon silnylon - 703 mm H2O Avg. & Inconsistent HH readings
I received a sample of brown Argon Silnylon and did a single non-aged HH tests. It tested as high as 3,374 mm H2O in a SINGLE non-aged test area. After I measured multiple test areas, per the appli...

In Make Your Own Gear » Argon silnylon
April 07, 3:04pm

Cuben Fiber
Ron Bell, Your were right when you said, ”They should be able to handle any critique.” I will handle your attempt at character assignation veiled as critique. The original post Here stands o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben tent for mountaineering?
April 06, 10:54pm

Re: Re: The Grand Eight
SPECTACULAR ADVENTURE Dave... thanks for sharing!

In Post-Trip Reports » The Grand Eight
March 28, 9:33pm

Re: Aluminized Cuben – Thermal Blocking In Extreme Sun Conditions
John, To answer your question I looked through each alternative at the noon day sun. The most shielding option was the aluminized Cuben. Less effective was a Heat Sheet, which is an opaque orang...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
March 21, 9:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm