BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 31 - 40 of 1542 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...155

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding
William, The answers to all of your above questions is "Yes" up to approximately 400 CFM. Furthermore, the porosity (CFM) and the associated convective permeability are more predictive...

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
March 01, 7:38pm

Re: Re: A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding
Bill, Rain-proof shells have a requirement for a minimum hydrostatic head of 1,500 mm H2O; they are not required to move aerobic level moisture levels to the outside. To achieve this, the most c...

In GEAR » A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding.-Rev 0
March 01, 6:37pm

Re: z
Anthony, You said, " If I add a golite infinity framesheet to the Porter then the Porter weighs 41 oz." Do you plan on using the Golite infinity frame in addition to the HMG Porter&...

In Editor's Roundtable » Paradox Packs Evolution pack system review
March 01, 4:41pm

Re: My experience with the BD Alpine Sport Hoody
Wim, Thanks again for a very comprehensive and interesting review! You have really piqued my investigative interest.

March 01, 2:19pm

Re: Black Diamond Alpine Start Hoody air permeability / hydrostatic head specs
It is false that, “40 CFM (cubic feet per minute) is technically 40 CFM/M2 (cubic feet per minute per meter squared)” The ASTM D737 standard on page 3 says, "11.1 Air Permeability, Indi...

February 28, 6:08pm

Re: BD Alpine Start Hooded Jacket
Ken, Thank you for the information! Needless to say but, the CFM spec is near optimal for aerobic activities; what is the companion HH spec? Also please inquire if both of these specs are ...

February 26, 5:42pm

WT 1.0 Mods - A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts
David, Thanks for the positive feedback. For bushwhacking in perpetually damp conditions, I have found the WT 1.0 fabric without equal. If a fabric doesn't test well for my intended purp...

February 26, 11:37am

Rev. 3 - A Visual Paradigm for Windshirts - Multiple Axis of Understanding
Jeff correctly pointed out that the Rev. 2 chart could be interpreted that an item has more water resistance as it gets lighter. This was a limited data set artifact. The simplest clarification ...

February 25, 9:01pm

RAB Alpine jacket CFM mystery solved?
I was curious as to why the “coffee filter” air permeability tests that Wim Depondt conducted on a NEW RAB Alpine seemed to indicate comparable breathability to the RAB Boreas. Wlm Depondt test...

February 23, 5:54pm

Re: Re: Difference from specs
Serge Eric correctly pointed out a variable which we have no information on. All other garments I tested were new. When was your garment purchased and what was the summary profile of its use...

February 23, 12:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm