Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Colin Parkinson (parkinson1157) - BPL Guest

My Locale Ontario Canada
About Me Colin Parkinson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Colin Parkinson

Showing 31 - 38 of 38 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

draw string closer
Dan That is brilliant. I mad a bug bivy early this year but have not worked out a good closure method, as I find zippers and bug netting lead to snags, tears and tears. This is one of thos...

In Make Your Own Gear » LDPE no-sew (almost) tent
July 14, 8:58pm

wide mouth pepsi bottles
They disappeared in Canada over I year a go. I went to NY state last October and bought a pile so I can keep using the perfect bottle.

In GEAR » Pepsi Wide Mouth Bottles - Gone?
July 07, 6:57pm

cheap wind jacket
Any thirft store will have nylon wind jackets for less than ten bucks. The ones I have found around the 4-5 oz range. get the full zip ones with a hood if possible.

In GEAR » cheap windjacket with hood -- less than 10 - 11 oz
July 03, 6:04pm

Does any one still use the Silshelter
Anyone?, I know there are lighter but at only 14oz for a fully enclosed roomy shelter it seems worth the weight. I pulled this out last weekend for an overnighter because it threatened to rai...

In GEAR » Does any one still use the Silshelter
May 17, 1:46pm

Thanks everybody
The reason I don't make a quilt is the draft factor from being a side sleeper. And yes I have made and tried a quilt before (a RJ style), the draft coming in around by back was very uncomfort...

In Make Your Own Gear » length of zipper for a down bag
January 30, 5:39pm

length of zipper for a down bag
Here is my dilemma I have a zip less SD moonlight bag (1# 6oz), very light but useless unless near its 30f temp rating, too warm. Anyway I am going to add a zipper to the bag. I know more weight, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » length of zipper for a down bag
January 29, 6:06pm

Fishnet underwear
I second the fishnet underwear warm when wore under wind proof clothing and instanly dried when got wet. But where do you find it now?

In GEAR » Doing Things Different -- and Liking It
January 04, 7:07pm

wind proof hats
I recomend a spandex type toque, I get them at running stores such as the runnning room. Mine looks like a neck tube but can be cinched up type at the one end to make a very wind proof and versiti...

In GEAR » Your favorite wind proof headwear?
January 04, 6:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Colin Parkinson

Colin Parkinson has posted no reviews.