BPL Community Profile

robert v (mtnbob123) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Upstate South Carolina
About Me Father, Backpacker, Canoeist, Special Ed Teacher
--Starting to explore the ultralight philosophy as I get older just so I can keep up with my sons on the trail!!!
CitySpartanburg
StateSC

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by robert v

Showing 31 - 40 of 351 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...36

Forum » Thread

MSR Missing Link Questions
I have been asked by several people if this tent was sticky on the inside. It seems that MSR had an issue with the polyurethane coating on the inside of several of their tents around this time. I d...

In Gear Swap » MSR Missing Link FS $150
March 08, 10:35am

Last price drop before Ebay
$125 shipped CONTUS Paypal personal or add 3% for fees. A great, durable, large, fairly lightweight tent for not much $$$$$ You can send me a message at rovoorhees@spart7.org I am unable ...

March 06, 9:13am

Price Drop
Price Drop $125 shipped CONTUS paypal personal payment or add 3% for fees

March 05, 12:40pm

MSR Missing Link FS
Listing Withdrawn-------- MSR has offered me a new "Fast Stash Tent" if I send them this one. So instead of worrying about whether the Missing Link will have problems down the line, I&...

March 04, 10:00pm

Great Idea!!!
I thought the same thing when I looked through everything a few months ago. The problem is, one person's trash is another persons treasure. Hard to tell what should stay or go.

In Gear Swap » New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
February 24, 6:01pm

Is there anything else included for the price on the Squall Classic?
Carbon Fiber rear or front poles, or titanium stakes? Just wondering. Thanks Robert

In Gear Swap » FS Tarptent Squall Classic, Echo 1
February 03, 8:02am

Fees
Yes but it is also customary to put paypal personal or add % in the ad When someone puts $xxx shipped, that should mean $xxx shipped. IMHO lol

In Gear Swap » F/S: SMD Lunar Solo LE
January 30, 9:01am

Email addresses
Maybe we should put our emails in the note section of the spreadsheet. I know it is tough to try to contact people on here to find someone to send the box to!!!! The PM system on here leaves a lot ...

In Gear Swap » New type of PIF -- the Travelling Hiker Box!
January 30, 8:03am

The weights vary
The weights vary a bit. Very possible for it to be 1.3 oz less. Several of mine are!

In Gear Swap » FS - Therm-a-rest NeoAir XLite Large
January 28, 7:57am

Dana Designs Small Dry Rib Bag and Neosport Shoes Still Available!!
All other items sold.

In Gear Swap » Gear Closet Clean Out Sale!! HMG Summit, Caldera Cone, Witco, Katadyne, Steripen, Dana Design
January 20, 5:33pm

All Reader Reviews by robert v

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

LightHeartGear Solong6 Cuben
Very nice tent, especially with the awning! Excellent reinforcement in wear areas. Sets up tight and the material lets in just the right amount of sunlight so that it is never gloomy inside, but still...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 27, 3:46am

Lawson Equipment Customer Service
I have ordered several times from Lawson. For some reason, something seems to get screwed up about every other order. I have eventually received everything, but it has taken several emails on several ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 29, 10:14pm

Enlightened Equipment Revelation X
Love this Quilt! It is Huge(2.5"baffle, Wide and Long model- overstuffed ) but weighs very little(28oz in stuffsack). Very warm when cinched up tight, but still useable as a lightweight quilt in ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
August 01, 11:35am

Lightheart Gear Tents Solong 6 Cuben Fiber with Awning
Large 1 person tent. Two friendly people can easily fit in this tent. It is very long, a...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
January 29, 7:09pm

Lightheart Gear
I have bought two Solong 6 tents from Judy and Mark at Lightheart Gear. I have one made of Sil-Nylon and one made of Cuben fiber. They have always been more than patient with me as I asked a thousand ...

January 29, 6:13pm

GoLite GoLite customer service
I returned a 12 year old Golite breeze pack and was told that they would replace it with a brand new Peak pack. It is on its way!!!!

August 06, 6:05am