BPL Community Profile

Roleigh Martin (marti124) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Moderator-JohnMuirTrail Yahoo Group
About Me Formerly from MN and NY, now in Reno, NV, I have been hiking every summer in the High Sierra since 2000. From 2000-2007, we did the High Sierra Trail (HST). Been doing the John Muir Trail since then, every year. I am the lead moderator for the JohnMuirTrail@YahooGroups.com for 2011-2013. I organized groups (without charge) for the JMT, 2008-2011 for the hike I participated in (from 5 to 8 people). I'm doing a JMT 2014 group hike again. See my Google Profile for more and top links on a variety of topics (click on "My Website URL above").
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttps://plus.google.com/+RoleighMartin/about
My PDF Gear ListMy gear list as of 4/3/2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roleigh Martin

Showing 31 - 40 of 1034 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...104

Forum » Thread

Re: UL issues
Michael would you do another JMT with the Raptors? I just ordered a pair after reading the advice to use them on the JMT on another thread. I have the Wildcats but may return them, just got them ...

In GEAR » UL issues
June 10, 11:57am

Re: JMT August 25-September 12th
Damian, how did the Wildcats hold up during your JMT hike? Did you do the entire hike? I'm tempted to do my 2013 JMT with them.

In Gear Lists » JMT August 25-September 12th
June 10, 11:50am

Re: please take food survey about JMT costs
Bump. Original title was too long and not easily understood. Would like more people to please take this 1 minute short survey and indicate how much it costs for food to do a JMT hike. Thanks!

In Chaff » How much do you spend on food for a single day on the JMT
June 08, 9:34pm

How much do you spend on food for a single day on the JMT
Hi, In case you all do not know (some of you do), I am the lead moderator of the JohnMuirTrail Yahoo group (and lifetime member here at BPL) which currently has around 2000 members. For reasons...

In Chaff » How much do you spend on food for a single day on the JMT
June 07, 8:45pm

Re: FS: Bear Paw Canopy 2 Tarp & Net Shelter 2
Replied offline; am very interested.

In Gear Swap » FS: Bear Paw Canopy 2 Tarp & Net Shelter 2
April 22, 2:59pm

Re: Re: ???
Wow Justin, what a clever idea! I ended up ordering from EE because I can get the quilt before I do my pre-JMT hike on the Superior Hiking Trail over the memorial day weekend. The one advantage...

In GEAR » Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
April 15, 11:09am

Re: Re: Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
Thanks for the tips, especially Nathan. Do you know, Dale, what is the fabric of the Thermarest blanket?

In GEAR » Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
April 13, 11:33am

Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners?
Who all makes 45F-50F Climashield insulated quilts/sleeping bag liners? I see that MountainLaurelDesigns does but until I hear back from Ron (I emailed him today), I don't know if I can rece...

April 13, 10:36am

Re: Would you trust this filter?
Sawyer is the manufacturer. Did you buy from them or a reseller/retailer? I'd ask for a replacement to play it safe. Sawyer I believe stands behind their products but I bet they'd ask yo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you trust this filter?
April 12, 3:25pm

Bruce, thanks for the posting about anti-static bags
Bruce, thanks for the posting about anti-static bags. I looked at UsPlastic.com web site for choices. The anti-static bag choices are here: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=...

In Editor's Roundtable » How Safe Is Your Food? Investigating the effectiveness of odor-proof bags
April 10, 3:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Roleigh Martin

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wilderness Press John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America’s Most Famous Trail, 5th Edition
Review of John Muir Trail: The Essential Guide to Hiking America’s Most Famous Trail, 5th Edition, by Elizabeth Wenk, Wilderness Press, 2014, 296 pages. Reviewed by Roleigh Martin, Lead Moderator: Jo...

In Books and Media
June 09, 8:47am

zpacks Company
I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 16, 10:49pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
Thanks to these reviews mentioning the problems and the recall issue, I called MSR up and found out I had a problem element and I was mailed a replacement. I won't be able to determine how good i...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
March 25, 2:02pm

Leukotape P Sports Tape
Andrew Skurka spoke in Minneapolis today at the Outdoor Expo and I took down his notes on foot care and found some links, including this thread. He recommends shoes that keep your feet cool (he u...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 26, 11:31pm

Bear Boxer 101 Contender
Can you please provide a link for the Bear Boxer 101 Contender? Thank you. Never mind -- I found the link, I presume it is here: http://www.bareboxer.com/products.htm

In Miscellaneous Products
May 23, 6:43pm