Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Quinn (inspector8598) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northeast
About Me John Quinn has not added a biography yet.
StateNJ
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Quinn

Showing 31 - 40 of 44 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Forum » Thread

Re : Camera Case
Joseph, I use the REI electronics pouch (medium) attached to my shoulder strap to carry my camera. The pouch measures 4.5"H X 2.75"W X 1.5"D. It's a perfect size for either on...

In Photography » Camera Case
March 08, 7:17am

Camera Recommendation
Elizabeth, I've been using the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5, 9.0 megapixals, 10X zoom (28 -280mm), 3" display, 8.5oz. with battery, $219.00 (6 months ago). The Leica 10X zoom is what sold me....

In Photography » Recommendation on camera lighter and less expensive than Panasonic LX3?
February 22, 2:49pm

Christmas Gear
Santa was good to me- 3 - BPL Firelite Ti Cookpots ( 550-SUL, SUL-1100 and SUL-1350) 1 - Gossamer Gear 3/8" Thinlight Pad

In GEAR » Christmas Gear!
December 25, 6:52pm

Personality Profile of a Lightweight Backpacker
INTJ Introverted 56 Intuitive 50 Thinking 25 Judging 44

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
December 23, 5:09pm

2008 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
In no particular order, here are my (3) favorite gear choices for 2008 - - ZPacks Z1 Ultralight Sil-Nylon backpack - at 4.2oz. and Joe's exceptional customer service, you can't go wrong....

In Editor's Roundtable » 2008 Backpacking Light Staff Picks
December 16, 6:38pm

Re: Lightest Crampons
Ken - I check the trail conditions before I decide what I will bring to help with traction. For situations with 1-2" of snow, I use the CAMP 6Pt. aluminum crampons (8oz.). When the trails ar...

In GEAR » lightest Crampons On The Market
November 15, 5:23pm

Straps
Ryan, I've owned the Lightrek3 trekking poles for the past 6 months and have found that they are well worth the investment. In regards to straps, I find them to be essential for stream crossi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Gossamer Gear Lightrek 3 Trekking Pole Review
October 08, 5:19am

Re: Gear storage
David: I was told years ago that storing your tent, tarp or bivy stuffed or folded could effect the integrity of the fabric, DWR, seam seal, etc. And that it was best to store these items loose...

In Philosophy & Technique » Gear storage
July 21, 5:38am

Re: Gear storage
Benjamin: Thanks for thoroughly answering my question in regards to tent,tarp and bivy storage. My cellar is cool and dry, so no worries there. Thanks again for your comments.

July 20, 8:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Gear storage
Peter: I hang my sleeping bags from a tie out on the foot end of the bags. I've installed hooks in the ceiling joists in my cellar and hang the bag tie outs to the hooks. I plan on attachi...

July 20, 2:10pm

All Reader Reviews by John Quinn

John Quinn has posted no reviews.