Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Lewis (gpl916) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale PNW
About Me I am relatively new to backpacking. I did some in high school, which was a long time ago, and just started again. I find that the UL style blends with many of my interests which include adventure racing, mountain biking,road biking, kayaking, sailing, and of course backpacking. I like to think of myself as an adventurer rather than one hobby or another. Of course, the kids have kept that in check over the last few years. I have some catching up to do!
CityKirkland
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.kirkland360.com
My PDF Gear ListGrand canyon four day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Lewis

Showing 31 - 40 of 226 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...23

Forum » Thread

WTB: Ursack minor, outsak, etc
Hi, I am still looking to buy a food storage bag for the Grand Canyon. Ursack minor, Outsak, etc. I could use a couple of them as I have friends looking as well. Please send me a pm if you have...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ursack minor, outsak, etc
April 13, 9:12am

Re; Elena
Hi Elena, Thanks for the tip, I will hit the coast next. I did a loop on the Canyon rim trail in Yakima. I got in around 20 miles on what turned into an S24O. The weather was nice in the day dr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Need last minute trip idea needed
April 10, 10:51am

Re: Ensure
Thanks, I guess I didn't even think about a powdered form. I will give that a try on the next trip. Between the ensure/ granola and the probars, I never got hungry until late (6pm'ish) in t...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ensure
April 09, 4:28pm

Ensure
I went on an S24O the other day. I stopped by the store to pick up some Nido for a granola breakfast but they were out. I didn't want to dink around too much so I grabbed some ensure vanilla. I...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ensure
April 08, 7:51pm

Need last minute trip idea needed
My wife has company coming in, and with our small house, it will be crowded. So she said to get out of the house for a few days. I said "Okee dokey, I am out a here". I am leaving tom...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Need last minute trip idea needed
April 05, 4:08pm

re; tips
Thanks for the tips. Never been hiking in the desert and there isn't much need to filter in the PNW. It sounds like water will be plentiful after the 10 mile hike to Tapeats. I think I will...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon Water
April 02, 10:14pm

Re: pot
Hi Frank, pm returned. gl

In Gear Swap » REI (evernew) .9L
April 02, 6:23pm

Re: Re: Alum for Grand Canyon water
Greg, I am having these same questions for my Thunder River/ Tapeats/ Deer creek hike coming up. How did the Alum work for you? I just dug through my wife's spices and found a jar. Did you l...

In GEAR » Grand Canyon Water
April 02, 6:18pm

REI (evernew) .9L
***Sold****** I bought an SUL1100, so I don't need my REI (evernew) .9L any more either. It is NOT, the non-stick version. It's a little discolored on the bottom but otherwise fine. S...

In Gear Swap » REI (evernew) .9L
April 02, 5:48pm

Re: PM sent
Hi Jamie, It's yours. i will pm my PP account. Thanks, Greg

In Gear Swap » MSR Titan kettle
April 02, 8:14am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Lewis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I would caution anyone doing business with this company. I ordered a GoLight Ion on 2/18. They ran my card on 2/19. They didn't call until a week later and said that it was no longer available...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 05, 5:31pm