Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
CityDanville
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 31 - 40 of 74 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
Ooh boy, I can't wait!! This will be my first GGG event(of many, hopefully!). More than anything else I'm really looking forward to meeting like-minded folks and making some new friends and...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
November 08, 12:28pm

Ads
Well, as another lowly forum-only member, I do see the ads. They've increased in number and gotten progressively more "loud" (moving, flashy, etc) over the past few days. A few day...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL has Ads now ?
October 24, 11:44am

Re: Foam pads
Just FYI, McMaster-Carr has "water and tear-resistant" EVA foam sheets available. 29" x 47", thicknesses from 1/8" to 1". http://www.mcmaster.com/#eva-foam/=p1ruv8

In GEAR » How much is shipping from MEC to the US?
October 22, 11:37am

Re: headwaters list
Thanks Andrew! Very cool that you created the list yourself. I'm impressed! Also, +1 on a very tasty and fresh looking breakfast :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Shoulder Season in Yosemite
October 21, 11:39am

Looks like fun!
Great TR and pics! I really enjoy shoulder season hiking. I'm very curious: What are the 32 major headwaters you refer to? Do you have a link or source of info for this? I'd really like ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Shoulder Season in Yosemite
October 21, 10:57am

Re: New material, feedback wanted.
Hey Lawson, I think the fabric has potential for backpacks and maybe groundsheets, but not so much for tarps/shelters. For backpacks, both versions interest me, but more so the non X-ply version...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Material. Feedback Wanted.
October 17, 3:26pm

Middle ground
Another option you have is a tarp with a modular beak. This gives you similar versatility to a flat tarp, but also offers increased weather protection and privacy when needed or desired. The downsi...

In GEAR » Tarp with beaks vs. larger flat tarp
October 11, 8:57am

Re: so close
I 100% completely and totally agree. The mini is still an improvement over the original, but female threads on the outlet would be a HUGE improvement on the mini...Maybe that's in the works for...

In GEAR » Sawyer Mini design...so close
October 10, 4:58pm

Re: Alpine Light
FYI The price is down to $119.40 via the link above now.

In Gear Deals » Any alpine light parkas?
October 09, 6:44pm

Re: Cliff Notes and Support
Thank you for the kind reminders and advice on how to spend my money. ;) I'd much rather support the development of the stove by - you guessed it - buying a stove! I really don't want to st...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 3
October 09, 4:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.