BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 31 - 40 of 657 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

Re: Your own kind of dumb: Bob Open DNF report
David: I very much enjoyed your trip report - great writing. I am in awe of your attempt and what you accomplished - these aren't midsummer conditions when making miles is at the optimum...

In Post-Trip Reports » Your own kind of dumb: Bob Open DNF report
May 28, 9:34pm

Another suggestion
Jerry and Steven are both dead on. It's a large park and there are no easy ways to reach many of the best areas. It all involves longish drives and a loop hike would be probably the easiest. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Olympic National Park - August 18-22 - Trail Suggestions?
May 14, 12:45am

Re: Post trip depression
I think it's worse for me after big trips - such as a thru hike. When it's over, you are often "ready" for it to be over - in the sense that it's a long, long journey and fran...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post trip depression
April 28, 12:57am

Re: PCT gear list update
Bear canister? Food bag (for other times)? OP Sacks help cut down on food/garbage odor. I liked them. I'd carry some small light - people like Lint only carries a tiny clip lamp. It can be d...

In Gear Lists » PCT gear list update
April 14, 12:47am

Re: Weather
One of the advantages in the United States is that you can do some pretty amazingly long hikes in the late spring to early fall and encounter relatively little weather that would require much more ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report - Part 1: Definition and Pitching
April 12, 2:42am

Re: Lightest vs. warm
Are all 20 degree bags equal? Obviously, there is quite a bit of discussion on these boards in regards to standards in testing sleeping bag ratings (particularly in regards to the relevant comfort ...

In GEAR » Who makes the lightest sleeping bags?
April 12, 2:16am

Re: What would you do with 100 Million Dollars?
I'd pump the necessary funds into the Continental Divide Trail Alliance to get them back up and running. I'd also help with land acquisitions along the CDT and PCT that will help preserve t...

In Chaff » What would you do with 100 Million Dollars?
April 08, 3:13am

Re: You stink, Nalgene!
I have no idea of what to make of his outburst. I will give him credit for one thing - while it is easy to maintain some anonymity on message boards, he makes no effort to do so. He links his profi...

In GEAR » You stink, Nalgene!
April 03, 12:37am

Re: Hexamid owners, solo+ vs. twin
This is good information - I am considering it as well but the number of stakes required is a bit of concern in regards to the solo+. Personally, I find that tiny titanium stakes to do a much less ...

In GEAR » Hexamid owners, solo+ vs. twin?
March 29, 1:27pm

Re: Perspectives change when health is compromised
Bill - Wishing you a speedy recovery to full health and many miles of trail ahead. Thanks for sharing your perspective and wisdom, well appreciated here. Dirk

In Chaff » I have a question....in regards to photo's, thru-hikers, and "seasoned" backpackers.
March 27, 12:56am

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.